official Fiona Apple thread

Started by neatahwanta, November 29, 2003, 05:24:09 PM

hedwig

strangely the thing im most looking forward to is hearing if that gets P's seal of approval..

anyway it gets mine. i like it, especially after a couple of listens.

ABKman18

fucking finally!
thats all i'm going to say abou that.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

There's a new Fiona Apple album out?

Sweet, I'm going to have to check it out...
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Myxo

Quote from: modageO Sailor (Brion-less version)
http://www.myspace.com/fionaapple

discuss...
I like.

Listening to both versions back to back, I notice how much fuller (the tempo is also different) Brion's piano production is. In this case, I actually like Fiona's bare bones composition more.

Stefen

hahahah this is fucked up. Part of the fiona charm was the brion charm in her music.

I don't even wanna hear the other tracks.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Myxo

Quote from: Stefenhahahah this is fucked up. Part of the fiona charm was the brion charm in her music.

I don't even wanna hear the other tracks.
Eh? :shock:

Am I to understand she intends on releasing Extraordinary Machine as a Brion-less album? I got the impression that some fan got a hold of an earlier version, before Brion started working on the record.

polkablues

No, the tracks that leaked were the ones Brion worked on.  The album that's going to released will be the later, non-Brion versions (except for a couple of tracks, apparently).
My house, my rules, my coffee

72teeth

QuoteProduced by Mike Elizondo, whose name you might recognize from the credits on various Dr. Dre-related records. (Fiona goes gangsta!) Soundtrack superstar/Kanye-friend Jon Brion helmed the leaked version, but the official album will sound "radically different"...

What's with the whole switch-eroo...
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

hedwig

fiona didn't like the way the brion-produced tracks sounded.

Myxo

I'm a PTA-Brion-fanatic as well but the new "O Sailor" (the little Fiona choir at the end is wierd tho) is really outstanding. Setting my bias aside, I am thrilled to hear that this is finally getting released. I'll always have the Brion version to listen to but the un-internetsavy music loving public need to hear this record.

Pubrick

Quote from: Hedwigstrangely the thing im most looking forward to is hearing if that gets P's seal of approval..
i'm waiting for the revised album to leak before i judge it. i don't see how it could get any worse.

prove me wrong, mike "who?" elizondo!
under the paving stones.

modage

from paulthomasanderson.com...

jon brion has this to say about the leaked version of extraordinary machine:

"There's music on there that wasn't even part of [what I recorded]. It's wrong," he said. "It's not like, 'I don't quite like the mix,' " he continued, affecting a whiny voice. "I wasn't happy with [the leak] cause I don't like those versions. It's stuff that doesn't reflect what we recorded, for the most part, except for the stuff that's just her and an orchestra. That's just right — but as far as the rest of it, it doesn't reflect what I recorded."
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: modageO Sailor (Brion-less version)
http://www.myspace.com/fionaapple
Boring, unoriginal, but not Beverly Hills-scale disappointing.

polkablues

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanBoring, unoriginal, but not Beverly Hills-scale disappointing.

Ha!  Awesome.  I'm glad somebody else was disappointed to hear Weezer turn into late-era Offspring.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: polkabluesHa!  Awesome.  I'm glad somebody else was disappointed to hear Weezer turn into late-era Offspring.
You're far from alone:

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=7365&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0