Junun

Started by modage, August 21, 2015, 11:24:14 AM

Alexandro

I was lucky to see Junun on the big screen, on a mubi premiere done in a small theatre in Mexico City. Lucky mainly because of the sound, which amplifies the experience. The music is simply fantastic, and since that's all there is, playing this loud is the only way to go.

The film is good while it lasts, and it's wisely brief. There's very few dialogue but there's one long line or, I guess long dialogue spoken by one of the musicians which I think encapsulates the whole philosophy behind music and collaboration, and it's a very PTA feeling too.

I want the soundtrack badly.

md

There's no excuse not to see Junan.  Here's a free 30 day trial.  Just cancel before 30 days and you won't get charged.

http://mubi.com/cinephiliacs

If you're a fan of trumpets and heavy percussion, this film is for you.   The coverage is unobtrusive yet intimate in a PTA kind of way.  Seemed like a fun project to shoot. 

PS OpO1832, this is what a blackmagic digital video looks like from PTA.  The music video was Panny 35mm w/ Primo's i'd imagine.  :)
"look hard at what pleases you and even harder at what doesn't" ~ carolyn forche

P Heat

^^
Yes. No excuse.  I saw it last night and I'm having trouble resisting the urge to watch it again. I loved the birds.

edit- I gave in and watched again this Saturday night.  Early parts of the film give a Baraka feel to me.
Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P

modage

Can't remember if this credit is in the film or just on the site but this is pretty good.

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

P Heat

Great film outtake up on youtube right now for the album's promo.
Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P

Something Spanish

Anyone catch the live performance/screening/q&a in Brooklyn....(modage)?

modage

I was actually at the Alamo last night during the screening BUT DIDN'T HAVE A TICKET. And my buddy was the moderator! Would love to hear the Q&A if it pops up.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

I don't understand.........how I missed this........

I'm off my game.

Sign of aging?

modage

Haha, same. I found out about it but not until it was sold out. And I think the PTA and Nigel appearances were kept quiet so I might have tried a little harder to find a way in had I known beforehand.

greenberryhill

We have a video now!

Alethia

My friend has heard vague rumors of PTA being rude to the staff (here we go again). Never seen a shred of evidence of it in the multiple times I've seen him in person.