South By Southwest (& Other Music Festivals)

Started by RegularKarate, February 24, 2004, 02:03:32 PM

mogwai

Quote from: RegularKarateThe Soundtrack of Our Lives
don't miss these guys.

Pedro

also, broken social scene, my morning jacket, and medeski martin and wood.

i cant wait

bigperm

I'm going. Modest mouse will play at Stubb's on the 17th I believe as well. In 2002, the last time WILCO played the ACL, the friday night before that gig they played the MErcury (now the PArish). If I'm not mistaken, it was under the name "Summerteeth", FYI. . .
Safe As Milk

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

SDgh'./8yw r,m9o0y[w [!!!!!

Modest Mous, Pixies, Cake, Medeski?????

Where is this playing??

Will there be any Michigan dates??
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Ghostboy

It's all about Austin, baby.

I wonder if I could afford tickets. I might just be able to.

Pedro

Quote from: GhostboyIt's all about Austin, baby.

I wonder if I could afford tickets. I might just be able to.
they're 70 right now (80something with service charge and shipping) but they go up in price tomorrow, so get them while you can.

Sigur Rós

I'm going to Roskilde 2004. Here are some of the bands I'm gonna see:

!!! (US)  
BASEMENT JAXX (UK)  
BERGMAN ROCK (S)  
BLACKALICIOUS (US)  
DAVID BOWIE (UK)  
GRAHAM COXON (UK)  
DIZZEE RASCAL (UK)  
DROPKICK MURPHYS (US)  
FATBOY SLIM (UK)  
FRANZ FERDINAND (UK)  
BEN HARPER & THE INNOCENT CRIMINALS (US)  
HATEBREED (US)  
THE HELLS (UK)  
THE HIVES (S)  
IGGY & THE STOOGES (US)  
ILL NIÑO (US)  
KINGS OF LEON (US)  
KORN (US)  
LAAKSO (S)  
AVRIL LAVIGNE (CAN)    :shock:
MESHUGGAH (S)  
MORBID ANGEL (US)  
MORRISSEY (UK)  
MUSE (UK)  
RALPH MYERZ & THE JACK HERREN BAND (N)  
N*E*R*D (US)  
PIXIES (US)  
RICOCHETS (N)  
SANTANA (US)  
THE SHINS (US)  
THE SCISSOR SISTERS (US)  
JOSS STONE (UK)  
TV ON THE RADIO (US)  
TEITUR (FO)  
THE VON BONDIES (US)  
WU-TANG CLAN (US)  
ZERO 7 (UK)

RegularKarate

Quote from: bigpermI'm going. Modest mouse will play at Stubb's on the 17th I believe as well. In 2002, the last time WILCO played the ACL, the friday night before that gig they played the MErcury (now the PArish). If I'm not mistaken, it was under the name "Summerteeth", FYI. . .

Cool... thanks for the info...

Big Perm... you in Austin too?

Dirk

Curiosa Festival for me.

Line up:

The Cure
Interpol
The Rapture
Mogwai
Muse
Cursive
Thursday
Auf der Mer
Cooper Temper Clause
Head Automatica
Others (tba)
At wave level, everything exists as a contradiction. Everything is existing in more than one stage/place at any given moment. Everything must move/vibrate and constantly change to exist. Everything, including buildings, mountains, oceans and thoughts.

bigperm

Quote from: RegularKarate
Quote from: bigpermI'm going. Modest mouse will play at Stubb's on the 17th I believe as well. In 2002, the last time WILCO played the ACL, the friday night before that gig they played the MErcury (now the PArish). If I'm not mistaken, it was under the name "Summerteeth", FYI. . .

Cool... thanks for the info...

Big Perm... you in Austin too?

YES- THE GREAT PERM RESIDES IN AUSTIN  :lol:
Safe As Milk

RegularKarate

Quote from: bigperm
YES- THE GREAT PERM RESIDES IN AUSTIN  :lol:

Cool...  What part of Austin you in?
I live in South Austin (Ben White) and work downtown.

What do you do?  You at UT?

bigperm

I live right on the edge of Austin & Oak Hill. So- SW Austin. No UT, I finished college back in 1997. I graduated from St. Ed's University.
Safe As Milk

meatwad

i'm not going to austin city limits, but for anybody who is going, you need to see Wilco. I saw them Friday at the Bonnaroo festival and they were amazing. They are playing lots of stuff from the new album, and the new stuff is amazing live.

Pedro

Quote from: meatwadi'm not going to austin city limits, but for anybody who is going, you need to see Wilco. I saw them Friday at the Bonnaroo festival and they were amazing. They are playing lots of stuff from the new album, and the new stuff is amazing live.
when i hear that piano come in on "at least that's what you said" live i might have an orgasm.

meatwad

Quote from: Pedro
Quote from: meatwadi'm not going to austin city limits, but for anybody who is going, you need to see Wilco. I saw them Friday at the Bonnaroo festival and they were amazing. They are playing lots of stuff from the new album, and the new stuff is amazing live.
when i hear that piano come in on "at least that's what you said" live i might have an orgasm.

and they did play that. along with i'ma wheel, theologins, kidsmoke, company in my back and handshake drugs