rustin's pictures

Started by rustinglass, September 14, 2006, 05:07:36 PM

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: rustinglass on December 01, 2007, 06:30:54 PM
Thanks Chest. I liked that Link.
Here are some new ones that I like.

These are my favorites of all, so far.

I'm glad you're starting to get a handle on this thing. The first works perfectly, it doesn't even seem like an effect at first. In fact, I feel the only way I would've known is based on your previous experimentations and you telling us so. It's quite nice.
And the last is just beautiful.

Way to go!
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

rustinglass

Thanks. the last one was really funny. I was walking on the street and all of the sudden this dog starts furiously barking at me. just at me for some reason. I looked up at the first floor window and found him so funny, I just took the camera from my bag and snaped.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

rustinglass

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

rustinglass

with my Zenit-E SLR (a camera that doesn't make it easy for me, I have had a hard time learning everything, I didn't even know what aperture was a few months ago)

-Emir Kusturica

Chest Rockwell

You've really gone this long not knowing anything about lens aperture? Well, you should thank the camera if it's teaching you basic film exposure knowledge. There's nothing like learning on a manual SLR.

This http://cameras.alfredklomp.com/zenite/ has some information about the Zenit-E that might help you out learning the basics of it.

rustinglass

yeah, I didn't say I didn't like it. I really love it. Not just the pictures i takes but also how it looks and feels and sounds.

I even bought a new wider lense for it (the one I used in the last two pictures).
My two previous cameras (a digital compact, and a Holga) had fixed aperture so I never had to worry about it.

My photography education was reading a LOT of websites like that, but mainly reading comments and groups discussions of flickr.com
I think by now I know the basics and even more  :yabbse-grin:

peace
-Emir Kusturica