Im Finally Happy With My Writing (fka Disco)

Started by Banky, October 14, 2003, 10:27:33 PM

Banky

Has anyone ever been brainstormng and youve come up with an idea for a story right.  You can see it and you know how the whole thing will unfold.  It is a great fucking feeling.  And then when you start to write it the words just flow and you cant stop writing.  You know that you have something special.

I dont know, i have struggled for years to find an idea i really know how to bring to life but i finally did and i really love what i am writing.

Banky

Quote from: Cecil

i thought the threads name was an obvious PF reference but sure, simpsons work as well.

ono

I just find it amusing that the only word you could find to describe your current feeling/state-of-mind is "disco."

Rock on, or something.  :-D

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Banky

hahha man i just thought i was being clever.  Fine i will change it.

Cecil

Ghostboy

I love it so much when this happens. I've been doing some rewrites lately, and have taken to riding my bike late at night to clear my head after a long evening of trying to write. I was speeding along the other night, taking in the cool air, and suddenly realized exactly what I needed to do to make this script a million times better. It was so exciting.

Banky

fianlly an honest response.

Yeah it does feeel good when it all comes together

coffeebeetle

Bank, Ghost, I know what you two are talking about.  I've been writing a short film for about a month now, happy with it at first but then going back and changing things because I suddenly become unhappy with the work.  But a couple of nights ago I finally "broke through" and just finished it.  It's astounding to me how much emotional turmoil I put myself through to get something I really enjoy finished...I'm sure you two can relate.  
No pain, no gain.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Chest Rockwell

I wish I had more time to write. Im still in highschool, so its tough to get around homework and such and make time to write. I kinda like what I'm writing now, though.

Vile5

It just happened once to me (cause i'm so insecure about my writings) but it was fantastic, it was a competition at a national level between girls finishing school and i had to write an essay of ten pages about Golda Meir, but i just wrote 4! but i liked what i did so i sent it anyway and i didn't win but i got the fourth place, i appeared on TV and all that, it was great...
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí