QT on Charlie Rose

Started by prophet, September 24, 2003, 07:41:40 PM

MacGuffin

Thursday
QUENTIN TARANTINO
Filmmaker, "Kill Bill"

He was on last night. Check your stations, they might repeat it today.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Myxo

Quote from: MacGuffinThursday
QUENTIN TARANTINO
Filmmaker, "Kill Bill"

He was on last night. Check your stations, they might repeat it today.

I saw it.

It was good. He had lots to say about stuff that influenced this film.. It felt more intimate than I've seen Quentin too.. Charlie asked him about Inglorious Bastards and Quentin described it as "climbing Mt. Everest".. not sure if he wants to do that.. but FF Coppola's wife influenced his decision to go forward in the prime of his career and do it anyway.

Quentin mentioned something about possibly shooting a little 5 week project in between KB and IG though.. That made my ears go up..

Finn

Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

cine

Quote from: QuoyleHere's the audio version of the interview :wink:

http://media5.bloomberg.com:443/cgi-bin/getavfile.cgi?A=17146812
I'd like to thank you for 2 things, Quoyle:

1. The audio version of the interview.

2. Changing your avatar so it wasn't Shipping News related. (I HATED that movie)

The Silver Bullet

What type of file is this audio?
RABBIT n. pl. rabĀ·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

ono

Alethia

hey anyone wanna type it out?   :o

coffeebeetle

more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Banky

Quote from: QuoyleHere's the audio version of the interview :wink:

http://media5.bloomberg.com:443/cgi-bin/getavfile.cgi?A=17146812

thanks

Finn

You're welcome! LOL, sorry you didn't like The Shipping News, Cinephile. But I'll be back to it soon enough. :lol:
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

cine

Quote from: QuoyleYou're welcome! LOL, sorry you didn't like The Shipping News, Cinephile. But I'll be back to it soon enough. :lol:
Aw Jesus Christ.....

Really, it's nothing against you.. I hated that movie. It's just hard to accept the fact that there's a guy named Quoyle with a Quoyle avatar on Xixax. It's hard to not read your posts and say, "boy if I ever met that guy, I'd sure spit in his face for this Shipping News stuff..."

Anyway, yeah, no offense...  :wink:

El Duderino

i guess i shouldnt rent the shipping news
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

coffeebeetle

The book is pretty decent Duderino, but the movie.....blech.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

SoNowThen

Shot in Canada.

Need we say any more?

yeah, I know some good flicks have been shot here, Altman is a good example, but still, I just wanted to make a joke, so chill out.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Finn

I guess I'm a lone defender of the movie...and the character. Although I do think the book gives more insight into the character itself than the movie. I go from character to character sometimes, so I probably won't always stick with Quoyle. :wink: