A 48 Hour Film Festival Entry

Started by Ghostboy, April 25, 2004, 06:25:14 PM

Ghostboy

This is a short called 'Honey' (no relation to the Jessica Alba vehicle, unfortunately) that some friends and I did for a 48 Hour Video race, in which the object is to conceive of and complete a five minute film in the alotted amount of time. So we shot it one day and edited it the next. We mostly made it up as we went along, randomly selecting locations we thought might be interesting and using whatever props we happened to find there.

To paraphrase a classic SNL skit:

"It's pretentious crap!"
"It's a complex portrait of dream logic!"
"No, it's pretentious crap!"
"No, it's a complex exploration of dream logic!"
"Hold on you two, it's a complex portrait of dream logic and pretentious crap!"

mutinyco

It's a complex portrait of pretentious crap.  :lol:

Nice photography.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Alethia

that was nice and creepy.....and beautiful in a strange way

nice work

El Duderino

yeah, the photography was nice. what was it shot on?
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Ghostboy

Quote from: El Duderinowhat was it shot on?

That classic workhorse, the Canon XL-1.

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

ElPandaRoyal

I really hate it when people use "pretentious" when it comes to commenting a film or whatever.

I think it's a well photographed, well edited short film and in my opinion, it was good for what it was.
Si

Pubrick

Quote from: ElPandaRoyalit was good for what it was.
speaking of things to hate "when ppl say".

everything is good for what it is.
under the paving stones.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: ElPandaRoyalit was good for what it was.
speaking of things to hate "when ppl say".

everything is good for what it is.

I can think of a couple of things that are not.
Si

Pubrick

like what?

cos u see, when u say it, ur really saying "this is bad so i guess it's good at being bad"
or "this is mediocre so it is clearly good at being mediocre".

that's what the expression means, everything from the most original masterpieces to the most derivative trailers to a commercial for erection pills, they are, and regardless of intentions are ultimately what they end up being.. as unique events, everything is good at being.

there is a powerful philosophical aspect to the statement which is too readily dismissed.

if u had said, or if ppl instead said, "it's good for what it was trying to be" that would make slightly more sense. it bugs me otherwise, cos everything is good for what it is, even the horrible shit.
under the paving stones.

ElPandaRoyal

Well, when you put it like that, I guess you're right then. I was thinking more like "Bush definately isn't good for what he is - a politician", but I guess he's good at beeing a bad politician. Anyway, I was saying that this short, as I think it was done with the intention of experimenting some sort of techincal aspects of film-making, it turned out beeing a good one. I've seen exercices like this that turned out to be really excruciating (heck! I made one myself)
Si

bonanzataz

ghostboy...

i don't know why, but i wish a was a woman with vagina and a uterus, so i could fuck the shit out of your cock and house your babies.

the only way this movie should be screened is on a computer screen (preferably a mac) as a mov file. because i likes it that way. it adds to the mystery.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

ono

Quote from: bonanzatazghostboy...

i don't know why, but i wish a was a woman with vagina and a uterus, so i could fuck the shit out of your cock and house your babies.
Now THAT'S a compliment.

Ghostboy

I know! I'm gonna have to post it on my website...it's beautiful.

Taz=the guy who made Ghostboy's day.

Link

Hey Ghostboy, is that 48 Hour Race now known as the 24 Hour Video Race (that took place last week or so), or is it completely different?