Sitcoms

Started by TenseAndSober, March 31, 2003, 11:12:55 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: godardianKing of the Hill and Futurama are both pretty reliable for laughs, but my most-missed half-hour cartoon is The Critic. THAT was delicious!

Hey, what about Family Guy?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: godardianKing of the Hill and Futurama are both pretty reliable for laughs, but my most-missed half-hour cartoon is The Critic. THAT was delicious!

Hey, what about Family Guy?

Shit, Negro!  That's all you had to say!
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Find Your Magali

My six favorite "popular" half-hour comedies

1. MASH
2. Sports Night
3. Friends (first 3-4 seasons)
4. Cheers
5 (tie). Family Ties & Newhart

My four favorite "somewhat obscure" half-hour comedies

1. Fawlty Towers (Cleese's "towering" achievement)
2. Get a Life (greatest absurdist show ever)
3. It's Your Move (young Jason Bateman and wickedly fun writing)
4. Buffalo Bill (Dabney Coleman is god)

ElPandaRoyal

Sitcoms will never be any greater than Seinfeld.
Si

rustinglass

I'm going to post some of my favourite simpson quotes, the ones that I remember:

(on the phone)
homer: hello dean, you're a stupid head!
dean: homer, is that you?
homer: Ahhhhh!!

tarantino: What this sketch means is that violence is everywhere, I mean even in breakfast cereals, man!
(Itchy cuts tarantino's head off)

homer: Don't cry , Marge! I'm the one who's dying, not you.

I can't remember, but there are more.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

chinaski40

this is the list to end all lists of sitcoms, seeing as how there aren't many good ones anyways:
seinfeld
simpsons
curb your enthusiasm
family guy
futurama
the critic
that's really all you can say is good on tv, the cartoons, mostly simpson morphs and larry david....