CRANK was disapointing

Started by blu, April 09, 2003, 04:22:47 PM

blu

I watched the new HBO documentary on meth last night and really didn't think they did a very good job of really showing how fucked up the drug was.  I was surprised to learn that it came from Japan and that most soldiers during WWII were given meth as an supliment to their meals.  i bet the show upped the consumption rather than educating people that you really never can break away from the habit.

RegularKarate

I broke away from it... Ummm not saying it was easy, but I did.

Now I'm fatter and when I watch someone do it (usually on t.v.) there's a part of me that's like "FUCK, I want some of that"... same with Coke.

Oddly enough, I skipped over the other threads and came directly to this one.

blu

you should watch the show and tell me what you think.  gotta warn you, there is a ton of shooting smoking and snorting in it.

Sleuth

Quote from: RegularKarateI broke away from it... Ummm not saying it was easy, but I did.

Now I'm fatter and when I watch someone do it (usually on t.v.) there's a part of me that's like "FUCK, I want some of that"... same with Coke.

Oddly enough, I skipped over the other threads and came directly to this one.

If that's true then congratulations
I like to hug dogs

aclockworkjj

Quote from: bluI watched the new HBO documentary

Speaking of HBO....they are supposely doing a doc on Jay Mewes (Jay and Silent Bob)  covering Jay's real-life Heroin addiction....apparently he just checked himself into rehab....

aclockworkjj

Quote from: RegularKarateI... same with Coke.

you just made my nose itch.... :?

MacGuffin

Quote from: aclockworkjjSpeaking of HBO....they are supposely doing a doc on Jay Mewes (Jay and Silent Bob)  covering Jay's real-life Heroin addiction....apparently he just checked himself into rehab....

The trailer for the independent documentary film "Rock Bottom" that follows "Clerks" star, Jason Mewes, as he struggles to stay clean from heroin is now online at CEGfilmsltd.

The film is scheduled to have its premiere at the Sundance Film Festival and in theaters nationwide March 17th, 2004.

"An impending $50,000 Warrant, Jail sentence, Rehab and Drug use are just a few of the subjects covered in this true graphic and controversial documentary.

Our camera's follow Jay 24/7 As he Hits "ROCK BOTTOM" with his addiction.

Seeking REDEMPTION Jay surrenders to authorities and begins his journey toward healing....Giving Family, Friends & Fans a deeper understanding of his life.... "
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

freakerdude

PBS' Frontline special called Drug Wars was killer. It gave incredible insight into cocaine as an empire and business......from the fields & mfg.  to transportation & the end user. Their power, especially Pablo Escobar and the Ochoa brothers, ruled the country's main export with overwhelming force.

Great documentary even though it's a bit old.
MC Pee Pants