Everything torrent and now copyright law

Started by Pas, May 05, 2010, 01:44:28 PM

polkablues

Any chance you can find Marianne & Juliane on any of the sites you're on? I've been trying to find it forever, and unless I want to pay $120 for a VHS copy (I don't even own a VCR anymore...), I've been shit out of luck.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pas

Not on Cinematik or Cinemageddon, sorry...

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

Fellow canadian Xixaxers... so, what about that new copyright law?

This country is going down the drain, let me tell you. I guess Universal Studios is more important to our leaders than our own fucking universities or just our basic rights as citizens.

The most important thing of the new law for the common man is the DRM-protection part. Now, you can't copy for personal OR EDUCATIONAL use anymore IF the material exist in DRM-protected form. That means, a teacher can't photocopy pages from a book if that book exists in eBook form. Let me tell you, most people are like "Whatever, I'll do it anyway" but colleges can't do that. This is serious bullshit to them.

These government assholes pretend that : "Hey, at least it's legal to put a CD or a DVD you bought on your iPhone!"..........unless that CD had a DRM of course! Oh, yeah mean every CD and DVD in the world has them? what a bunch of liars.

But for us, downloaders of torrents, it's just death: our ISPs are now REQUIRED under law to keep a file on us recording what stuff we download. They are also required to provide that file in any lawsuit against us.

Forgive the terrible cliche here, but: aren't there any fucking pedophiles to catch or something?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Pas on June 03, 2010, 10:25:47 AM
But for us, downloaders of torrents, it's just death: our ISPs are now REQUIRED under law to keep a file on us recording what stuff we download. They are also required to provide that file in any lawsuit against us.

I would rather live without health care than filesharing.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pas

Quote from: // w ø l r å s on June 18, 2010, 02:29:50 PM
Quote from: Pas on June 03, 2010, 10:25:47 AM

I would rather live without health care than filesharing.

I will analyze that statement by using the Xixax marque-moto "if you assume we're sarcastic you'll never be wrong''.

you've been trying Pubrick-style zingers for the last couple months. You fail miserably at it. You come off as a weird and angry douchebag.

If you weren't sarcastic than I stand by my comment but reckon it was not the time to say it.

Pas

Got 10 invites to Cinemaggedon.net ... really good torrent site for rare B-movies and international action films. Pete, you should be on it if you aren't already.

pm me.

Fernando

from demonoid:

November 12, Update:

The Senate Judiciary Committee has scheduled a markup Nov. 18 on S. 3804, Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act.

Remember to contact your representatives to let them know your opinion on the proposed bill. To find out who are the senators on your state and their contact information, you can visit the U.S. Senate website, by clicking here

In the United States, a new law proposal called The Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act (COICA) was introduced last week, and there will be a hearing in front of the Judiciary Committee this Thursday.

If passed, this law will allow the government, under the command of the media companies, to censor the internet as they see fit, like China and Iran do, with the difference that the sites they decide to censor will be completely removed from the internet and not just in the US.

U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee Approves Domain Name Blocking Bill Aimed At Curbing Online Piracy
November 18th, 2010

The U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday unanimously approved legislation that would provide the U.S. Justice Department with enhanced powers to quickly block the domain names and third party enablers of web sites that it deems are dedicated to the piracy of intellectual property.

The House has yet to introduce companion legislation, but the passage of the bill on Tuesday by the committee in the senate signals relatively strong support for this particular approach to battling online piracy.

It's always a possibility, however, that the members of the commerce committees in either chamber could raise concerns about the impact such legislation could have on internet commerce.

The commerce and judiciary committees have historically jockeyed for jurisdiction over important pieces of legislation.

The bill would enable Justice to use court orders to order enabling third parties, such as internet service providers, payment processors and online ad networks to temporarily suspend support for the targeted web sites on an expedited basis.

The list of blocked sites would be posted online by the White House intellectual property czar, and the blockage could be appealed by the web site operators.

The movie industry association and labor groups hailed the Judiciary Committee's approval of S.3804, the Combating Online Infringement and Counterfeits Act, while Public Knowledge, the digital public interest group, expressed disappointment.

Internet engineers have said that the approach could destabilize the internet. The Consumer Electronics Association, Public Knowledge, the Center for Democracy and Technology, a group of library associations and the NetCoalition, representing Google, eBay and other internet companies, worry that the legal approach in the legislation isn't fair.

The bill's chief sponsor was Judiciary Chairman Patrick Leahy, a Democrat from Vermont, but it enjoyed bipartisan support from 17 other senators.

Reel

What's the best kind of DVD burning software to transfer torrent files? I downloaded aimersoft and it worked out fine besides the HUGE logo smack dab in the middle of the frame. I'm looking for one that doesn't do that and I also don't have to pay for. Many thx in advance.

ono

Toast Titanium (cracked) is what I've used.