GS Project Thread: Summer Project Ideas

Started by Gold Trumpet, February 12, 2005, 11:28:18 AM

life_boy

What's the deal?  Did everyone (save Jeremy, alexandro and modern) slack off in writing the essays?

ono

Mine is almost finished.  I just hit a spell where I was sick and then I had a whole lot to do so I didn't have a chance to finish.  I can't promise when it will be finished.  But I do plan on completing it.

life_boy

Cool.  I hope others decide to finish if they haven't...don't give up because it's past the date.  I've been looking forward to reading some of these.  GT better submit his sometime.

Jeremy Blackman

We have several others coming soon this week.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Myxo

Quote from: themodernage02slackers...

I am a slacker..

Bleh. Just got home from work at almost 9 PM.

Sucks..

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: life_boyGT better submit his sometime.

Mine has been submitted for a while. Hell, I think the article I wrote after will debut before my Incredibles one.

Jeremy Blackman

Surprise! We have new articles from GT and eward about Samuel Fuller...

http://greenscreen.xixax.com

Gold Trumpet

SUMMER PROJECT IDEAS

OK, we are going to try to pull off a Summer Project similiar to the recent 'In Defense' project. That project to me felt like a test run. We announced it sort of abruptly without consensus from the board on what to do and tried to see how many people we could actually get. The results weren't as great as we hoped, but we managed and stuck with it and we will finish it by posting more articles.

Thing is, nothing is decided on what to do for the next project. It will be a summer project that will give everyone the opportunity of using summer months to write so school isn't a major problem. I think for the majority of us it is a major problem and school will be only more hectic through May.

The initial idea right now is a.... Pulp Fiction Retrospective

The focus won't just be reviews of the film. Thats too easy and too filled with repititive information. What we want to do is bring together an array of different articles on completely things related to the film. It can be on what influenced the film. What films the film influenced. Personal theory into what is in the black box. Personal theory about the importance of the film. Biography on Tarantino. Comparison piece of the film to something else. Whatever. What we want is to get as much creative thinking as possible for these articles.

Now, this is just an idea. Responce from the general public will guide this project along. We welcome all ideas!

Jeremy Blackman

Sorry about the obscene delay. We were waiting on a couple articles so we could group 3 or 4 together. But the newest two are up in all their glory...

http://greenscreen.xixax.com

In Defense Of submissions are still welcome.

SHAFTR

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanSorry about the obscene delay. We were waiting on a couple articles so we could group 3 or 4 together. But the newest two are up in all their glory...

Ugh, I have a feeling I'm guilty of this.  I have 2 weeks to revise my Thesis and then Exams/Graduation.  After that, I'll write mine (if it isn't too late).
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Are these articles only on films from last year, or does the Green Screen encompass our favorite films in general?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye