Boogie Nights Soundtrack and Score

Started by Tempelton, March 24, 2005, 10:08:32 AM

Tempelton

This is perhaps a long shot but worth a try nevertheless...

I am wondering if, by any chance, anybody out there has recordings of two particular pieces of music from Boogie Nights.

The first is that melancholy and rather downbeat jazzy number that plays out as the various characters are returning to their homes on what I believe is the first night portrayed in the film. Or to better pinpoint the track in question, it is the music that plays whilst Eddie is checking himself out in the mirror (after returning home from work). (The soundtrack then segues into an altogether different mood as the music playing switches to a more disco-like track. I am searching for the non-disco music).

Anybody got this by any chance?

The second piece of music I am jonesing for is the moody moog music that plays when Dirk enjoys his first encounter with Jessie in that impossibly murky bedroom scene (right after they meet in LA's 'best' restaurant). It is by Michael Penn and it plays again during Amber Waves' cinematic 'poem' to Dirk (heard when we see Dirk wandering amongst the warehouses of the Valley).

I love these two pieces of music and would appreciate it very much if anyone could provide a copy of them for me. MP3 would be best. Any format at all would be more than welcome.

I do not have a huge collection of PTA rarity's to offer in return. But I do have plenty of good MP3s I could offer, covering soundtracks, Zappa, Nick Drake, Bill Hicks etc.

Hope to hear from you.

Paul aka Chest Rockwell's Magical Understudy
ptfmeade@yahoo.co.uk

Tempelton

Thanks for the link. Great stuff. It meets half my needs with gusto.

I am still desperate however, for the moog music from the bedroom scene. (Or did I miss it on that link?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers...

MacGuffin

Quote from: TempeltonI am still desperate however, for the moog music from the bedroom scene. (Or did I miss it on that link?)

It's "J.P. Walk" - Sound Experience. The link doesn't have it for download since it's available on Soundtrack #2.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

soixante

They could have easily released a "Boogie Nights Vol. 3" soundtrack, featuring such hits as "Lonely Boy" and "Fat Man."  I think there are about 10 or 12 songs that didn't get included on the two soundtracks.
Music is your best entertainment value.

Tempelton

Seriously, I am!

Thank you for the information. I am off to purchase the second soundtrack now.

It is very welcome news - something to counter slightly this very dark day me and my girlfriend are experiencing.

Cheers

Tempelton

karmopolis

quick question: during the becky/dirk deleted scene- dirk gets into the corvette, rushing to save becky while tusk by fleetwood mack plays.  bumps some coke, then puts a cassette into the tape deck.  what is the song/band that's heard? i though it was roxy music, but I was way off.  sorry if this questions been answered- i'm new here.  thanks

MacGuffin

Quote from: karmopolisquick question: during the becky/dirk deleted scene- dirk gets into the corvette, rushing to save becky while tusk by fleetwood mack plays.  bumps some coke, then puts a cassette into the tape deck.  what is the song/band that's heard? i though it was roxy music, but I was way off.  sorry if this questions been answered- i'm new here.  thanks

"Jerkin' Back And Forth" - Devo
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

B.C. Long

What about the original song that PT tries to use in every movie? It's just simply a gloomy clock tower chiming over and over again. It was playing when Dirk was jackin' off and Roller girl was beating the crap out of that guy.

MacGuffin

Quote from: B.C. LongWhat about the original song that PT tries to use in every movie? It's just simply a gloomy clock tower chiming over and over again. It was playing when Dirk was jackin' off and Roller girl was beating the crap out of that guy.

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=2083

Skeleton FilmWorks