another line in error on purpose in Boogie Nights?

Started by freakerdude, December 06, 2003, 07:47:59 PM

Quote from: analogzombieat least you got the asshole part right.

at what I was saying is that I am caertain the line was meant to be in the movie. To say, it wasn't a happy accident or somehting like an accidental shot containing a boom mic. Now whether this was arrived at through specific dialogue in the script (which I thought it was since I had not read the script and was misinterperting PTA's commentary) or wether through a situation where Macy played with the lines and PTA then chose to keep it. As for him being in distress, I think that for that line to work as it does in the finished film, there must be a sense that his character could make a slip of the tongue and it be believeable. I think for his character, seeing his wife in that position sufficiently puts him in a state of distress where it is believeable. And also believeable that Ricky J would not respond to the slip.

No one is trying to start rumors, this is a discussion group. And there is no need to ascert your internet dominance in such a way. Don't take it so seriously.

Oh and thanks for the film history lesson, jeez lighten up.

Hey man.. Thats fine if you want to believe that there is a real motive in Little Bill to stammer arround about the line, but you completely avoided the whole reason I replied as I did, and that was becuase you said you were "certian".. not almost certian or "i thought", you were certian that the line was as it is on the film.

Furthermore I wasn't implying you were starting a rumor just simply stating that while posting on these message boards, if someone is unsure of something while posting they sometimes just fill in the space with something they think is true but don't note that they are going off of a feeling, which happens to parallel what you posted yourself.

You have not seen the beginning of my internet prowess.

I guess this thread can be locked now.
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

PLEASE lock...this subject is so damn OLD....I don't know why any PTA hardcore fans couldn't read an article about the screw-up...i dunno, did he mention it on the commentary track?....jees, I think it's a good joke that happened by accident and was kept because Bill Macy couldn't say it right...wow, I type like I know him...anyhow...let's keep this going...

Did Sandler say 'food' instead of 'good' by accident, and they did some improv to cover up his mistake? HmGeeIWonder
NO!!!!
now let me get the hell outta here...

Pubrick

usually only the person who started a thread can ask it to be locked.

this subject is quite old and boring, and has been answered many times. all u hav to do is search ptanderson.com.

i'm bored already.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Quote from: AntiDumbFrogQuestionPLEASE lock...this subject is so damn OLD....I don't know why any PTA hardcore fans couldn't read an article about the screw-up...i dunno, did he mention it on the commentary track?....jees, I think it's a good joke that happened by accident and was kept because Bill Macy couldn't say it right...wow, I type like I know him...anyhow...let's keep this going...

Did Sandler say 'food' instead of 'good' by accident, and they did some improv to cover up his mistake? HmGeeIWonder
NO!!!!

If he's this upset by these questions, I'd hate to see how he replies when somebody asks an anti dumb frog question.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

freakerdude

Hell, if you guys want to lock this, that is fine with me. 82 made sure the exact truth was answered of my line in question. I think that was important.

I think I royally fucked the karma on  this thread with my "very food" misquote from the beginning......sigh
MC Pee Pants

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

It's a valid thread, and I feel the ass in his cock line was beautiful, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

It just makes Macy seem so flustered that he can't form a cogent sentence.  He knows what to say, but fucks it up because he's fed up with her shit.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

©brad

this topic is way old. u want to talk about errors, how bout the part in gladiator when a crew member wearing jeans is walking around in what is suppose to be ancient Rome!! hah!

get over it.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: ©bradhow bout the part in gladiator when a crew member wearing jeans is walking around in what is suppose to be ancient Rome!! hah!

It's well documented that the denim tree was grown in parts of the ancient Italian peninsula.

Pubrick

Quote from: ©bradu want to talk about errors,
Quote from: ©bradhow bout gladiator.
under the paving stones.

cine

Hmm, maybe this locked *should* be thread. D'oh! Look what I did...

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: AntiDumbFrogQuestionPLEASE lock...this subject is so damn OLD....I don't know why any PTA hardcore fans couldn't read an article about the screw-up...i dunno, did he mention it on the commentary track?....jees, I think it's a good joke that happened by accident and was kept because Bill Macy couldn't say it right...wow, I type like I know him...anyhow...let's keep this going...

NO!!!!

If he's this upset by these questions, I'd hate to see how he replies when somebody asks an anti dumb frog question.

haha damn, when I went to see PTA in Rochester, I just laid back and shook my head, rolled my eyes....although I did so as violently as possible! I was just sick of the hackneyed questions at that point, even though I didn't have any new ones myself.

Alethia

did you see PTAs face when she asked that?  his head just kinda dropped, and then he was probably just like "ah, what the fuck, I'll be nice."