Magnolia on DVD

Started by Mesh, June 04, 2003, 03:57:25 PM

Mesh

Sorry if this has been answered 157,492 times before but:

Is there only one DVD release of Magnolia?  If there are several, which do I need to own?  I want to eBay one for as cheap as possible....

Redirect me, link me, do your worst.....and thanks.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Mesh

Fucking awesome.

All week, I've been shopping on eBay for a good, cheap copy of Magnolia on DVD.  As of 12:00 noon today, I had the leading bid on one ($6.50) with flexible shipping charges.  I was fairly sure that price wouldn't win it, but....ya never know.....

So then today I go out driving around during my lunch break to the various garage sales around town....and...lo and behold....there's Magnolia sitting on a shelf with a bunch of other decent DVDs (I coulda spent $50, easy).  They're asking $10 and they're not haggling.  So I deliberate....

Do I buy the garage sale one and hope I get outbid and then sell which ever one was more expensive?  Or do I put the garage sale copy down, hope it doesn't sell, and come back for it on Sunday, after the auction ends and I don't win it?  Finally, after some hand-wringing, I purchase the damn $10 garage sale DVD.....

...and come up with the brilliant plan that, later (like now), I'd tell all you guys to outbid me for the eBay one, thus getting one of you a cheap copy and getting me out of the obligation to purchase a second copy.  Brilliant, right?

But.  Then.  Bam.  Soon as I sit down at this here computer, I get an email confirming that I've been outbid.  Dilemma over.  Fucking awesome.

Anyone still want that eBay copy?  Bid your hearts out:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?viewitem&item=3330381374&ssPageName=ADME:X:ON:US:2

kotte

Some problems you've got there...

We have war and poverty in this world and you're talking about 4 bucks...

Am glad it worked out for you though...

Chris

Mesh

Quote from: kotteSome problems you've got there...

We have war and poverty in this world and you're talking about 4 bucks...

Am glad it worked out for you though...

Well, $6.50 plus shipping, but, yeah.

If all I did was post on xixax.com about war and poverty, when would I ever have time to go to garage sales?

Sal

I know deals are deals, but just for the movie alone I'd gladly spend upwards of twenty bucks.  And the extras are fking great, too!  It's a disc worthy of high price,IMO.

Reed Rothchild

But it's always good to get a bargain!
You know, people tell me I kind of look like Han Solo.

DVD Collection

Rudie Obias

i always thought it'd be cool if they added the "what do kids know?" game show on the dvd.  the game show they made and shot on video tape.
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff