donut shop

Started by Jeremy Blackman, April 22, 2003, 02:56:23 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Let's relive the classic Donut Shop scene from Boogie Nights.

warning: explicit contents and minor spoilers

MacGuffin

JB, you go back and get me a shot of the donuts done for the Christmas. The sprinkly Christmas things.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: MacGuffinJB, you go back and get me a shot of the donuts done for the Christmas. The sprinkly Christmas things.

You can see the things done for the Christmas in the second picture, but it would be nice to have Cheadle's grinning face (he's grinning for the Christmas).

phil marlowe

someone should do a xixax banner of don cheadle bloody face.

Ernie

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman(he's grinning for the Christmas).

Lol, "the christmas"! I love that...fucking classic stuff. I love Cheadle.

Love your avatar by the way man...that's one of the most underrated, underseen, undermentioned visual jokes/gags of all-time...whether it was intended by PTA to be funny or not. The #6 is what does it for me...the guy is nuts about his awesome mixtapes.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Phil Marlowesomeone should do a xixax banner of don cheadle bloody face.

Here it is:

phil marlowe

nice! my favourite so far.

chainsmoking insomniac

lol fantastic. how's you do that man?
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

xerxes

i think it would work better with the close-up (4th pic from the bottom)

picolas

sphinx

jeremy blackman learns the joy of capping dvds

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: Phil Marlowesomeone should do a xixax banner of don cheadle bloody face.

Here it is:

this is so fucking funny i really love this

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: sphinxjeremy blackman learns the joy of capping dvds

mmmm yes... as soon as I got Jaguar I spent like all day capping dvds, it's wonderful...

RegularKarate

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
mmmm yes... as soon as I got Jaguar I spent like all day capping dvds, it's wonderful...

oooh, how is it?  

Wait, can you not capture on 10.15?  Doesn't the Grab function work?  I haven't ever tried, I guess... focus on other issues.

Jeremy Blackman

Mogwai... ask Sphinx about capturing in Windows, he should probably know about that... I think it's easier in Windows...

RK... as far as I know, there's nothing for 10.1 or earlier that can get past the DVD copyright blocking things... all you get is black screen. I guess that's the same reason you can't image DVDs with Disk Copy. I think this is the best thing to use with 10.2...

Jaguar is a really nice upgrade. There are no really dramatic changes... just tons of minor things, things that make OS X make more sense. Startup has to be 5x faster (and there's no more smiley antique Mac), and graphics and speed overall seem to be better, although I haven't tried editing video in Jaguar. The biggest thing with Jaguar is the access to software. Safari is the best browser that will ever exist, ever. Apple put all of its genius into Safari. And the cursors are a little different.