Your Favorite Break-Up Songs

Started by MacGuffin, March 03, 2004, 12:46:09 PM

jenkins

this is a big song and i think it played on the television show girls and i don't think it requires mentioning and i've listened to this song countless times with many many friends on the occasion of breakups and after my own

Brando

The break up songs off the albums of Ryan Adams' Heartbreaker, Beck's Sea Change and Bon Iver's For Emma. Here's a random few:

One from Jeff Nichols Brother:

If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Reel

whoever's had the most recent break-up wins

Robyn

Well, I won't win anyway. In the last months I've been dating two girls and when it started to get serious I just ran off scared shitless. I stopped answer their phone calls and so on. I might come off as a big asshole now but the fear of being left myself is...well, let's just say that I can't handle it.

It's a great thing tho because now I never have to get over a break up.  :yabbse-smiley: :yabbse-smiley: :yabbse-smiley: :yabbse-smiley: :yabbse-smiley: :yabbse-smiley: :yabbse-smiley: :yabbse-smiley: :yabbse-smiley:

Lottery

Probably a bunch of Radiohead songs which may or may not be break-up songs but I just like to interpret them as such anyway.

Converge's Jane Doe is like the most brilliantly emotional and intense break-up album, and Beck's Sea Change is pretty strong on the whole break-up thing. And Pig Destroyer is great at that sort of thing, though it often ends with someone dying.