Howard Stern Suspended

Started by Duck Sauce, February 26, 2004, 12:28:27 AM

Duck Sauce

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040226/ap_on_go_ot/indecent_programming&cid=513&ncid=716

bummer.

I havent listened to him in months, but when he isnt getting women naked he can be kind of funny.

Ghostboy

I'm not a Stern fan, but...

....I fucking HATE the FCC.

GodDamnImDaMan

What the hell is going on?!?!?!

When did the FCC turn into a bunch of communist fucks?
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

Raikus

Um, Clear Channel cancelled his syndication on 6 stations.

Duck Sauce, you're making it sound like an O & A situation when really it was the President of the Clear Channel company saying he was taking Stern off a few stations.

Stern's still around. He's not going anywhere.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Kal

damnit he's been there forever and they've tried everything to get rid of them... but dont they realize that everybody listens to his show and that is great?

Duck Sauce

Quote from: RaikusUm, Clear Channel cancelled his syndication on 6 stations.

Duck Sauce, you're making it sound like an O & A situation when really it was the President of the Clear Channel company saying he was taking Stern off a few stations.

Stern's still around. He's not going anywhere.

All I did was post a link to an article saying he was suspended.

What the fuck are you talking about

Raikus

Well, the title mostly but also other's comments.

Not just you. Sorry. Overreaction.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

freakerdude

The Stern Show rules and you have to take it for what it's worth.

As previously mentioned, it only affected six Clear Channel stations in Fort Lauderdale and Orlando, Fla., Rochester, N.Y., San Diego, Pittsburgh and Louisville, Ky.

As long as his broadcast show is still on E is my only concern.
MC Pee Pants

bonanzataz

Quote from: God Damn Im Da ManWhat the hell is going on?!?!?!

when janet jackson decided to "push the envelope." thanks, janet.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Duck Sauce

Quote from: taz.

i once pushed the envelope,

i never saw it again

Ravi

Chest Rockwell

Quote from: taz.

Before that whole thing they fined a local radio personality "Bubba the Love Sponge" of $750,000 which if I recall is the largest single fine they've made, for indecent material.

Raikus

Yeah, ultimately Bubba is responsible for Clear Channel coming down on Stern. They made one explicit show and then the affliates in the central Florida and south Florida area reran it somthing like 27 times.

Repitition = $$$

So CC's head wants to reafirm CC's intention to kiss the FCC's ass at its beck and call so the FCC will keep deregulation and CC can gobble up its competitors.

That is, until 2009 when CC gets slaped by anti-trust inditements by the same government that made it possible for them to become a monopoly in the first place.

Oh, America.

Also, Chest, sounds like you're from the St. Pete/Tampa area. I'm from around there myself.

Duck Sauce

Raikus

Boo.

Although I went to HS in Ocala. To close to Hogtown for my liking. I now live with the crooked politicians.