Instrumental bands...

Started by kotte, February 04, 2004, 11:54:51 AM

mogwai

Quote from: thooor on February 18, 2008, 03:13:22 AMThis is not true by the way...

yeah, i know. but this is true:

http://www.drownedinsound.com/articles/2916951

Following on from Friday's news story about Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Efrim Manuck who was said interviewee, has asked us to post these comments / clarifications on the subject:

"the internet remains a refuge for lazy writing and diminishing conclusions- the statements attributed to me in this 'news piece'
have been pulled out of their original context,
and pasted benath a misleading headline,
in the name of scoring some sort of bullshit 'news exclusive'.
godspeed's interminable silence will continue into the foreseeable future,
but it wasn't the iraq war that made it impossible for us to continue functioning as an active band-
a whole host of internal disagreements and external pressures contributed to us ending our long march together.
there were 9 of us in the band,
and i expect that if you asked each member to summarize the factors that led to our current hiatus,
you would get 9 different answers.
the truth is almost always both complicated and boring,
and can't be articulated via bullet points and pull-quotes,
especially in the hands of charlatans only interested in increasing their banner-ad rates by juicing their page-hit totals..."
yrs.,
efrim

While we are happy to offer Efrim a platform to air his views and thoughts on the subject, Drowned in Sound equally stands by the quotes and comments within the news story and does not feel they've been taken out of context and were a relevant matter to report. Not least given our admiration and interest in Godspeed... something that seems to be replicated by DiS users.

Hopefully, when the full interview is published later this month, all will become clear in a conversation held with Efrim on matters of A Silver Mount Zion and beyond... it was a fascinating, intelligent and engrossing chat, which hopefully you'll enjoy too.

Sigur Rós

That black dude in your avatar actually looks a bit like you if you were black.

mogwai

Quote from: thooor on February 19, 2008, 04:01:44 AM
That black dude in your avatar actually looks a bit like you if you were black.

naw, that dude is way too good looking. oh snap!