Scarlett Johansson

Started by ono, January 13, 2004, 11:16:22 PM

edison

Everytime I see that pic I think its Piven

Pubrick

Quote from: edison on February 08, 2006, 09:10:25 PM

i was gonna say the same thing. i guess the central idea of the shoot was "doppelgangers go in the back".
under the paving stones.

Ravi

Quote from: edison on February 08, 2006, 09:10:25 PM

That's what I thought too.  Scarlett Johannson, Keira Knightley...and Jeremy Piven?

MacGuffin

Johansson Tops FHM's 'Sexiest Women' Poll

Scarlett Johansson tops a lovely list of the "100 Sexiest Women in the World," in a poll of readers by FHM magazine.

"One of the best things for a woman to hear is that she is sexy," the 21-year-old actress, star of "Match Point" and "Lost in Translation," said in a statement. "I'd like to thank FHM's readers for the huge compliment."

Angelina Jolie is No. 2 on the list, followed by Jessica Alba, Jessica Simpson, Keira Knightley, Halle Berry, Jenny McCarthy, Maria Sharapova, Carmen Electra and Teri Hatcher.

Johansson ranked ninth on last year's list. Jolie was No. 1.

"It's remarkable how Scarlett Johansson has caught the attention of our readers," said Scott Gramling, the magazine's U.S. editor in chief, in a statement. "Her sultry voice and striking beauty certainly have a lot to do with that, but so does the confidence she exudes."

"She seems to be one of those women who would be equally at ease on the red carpet as she would just hanging out with the guys."

The magazine's May issue goes on sale April 4.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

The 8th May 2006 issue of People Magazine, the annual Most Beautiful issue, names Scarlett Johansson to have the Best Cleavage. This is what they wrote about her:

"Ample; all-natural cleavage is back, and Johansson, 21, has the look of the moment. She says, 'I'm very proud of my body. I feel very sexy and comfortable in my own skin. It's always nice to be thought of as sexy. It's a great compliment.'"

MacGuffin's Response: Excuse me, People Magazine, I submit to you Monica Bellucci:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Johansson Makes BRILLIANT Move
Jumping to the wrong side of the law, Scarlett Johansson will star for Barry Levinson in the heist pic Brilliant.
Source: FilmStew.com

An ever-busy Scarlett Johansson has landed herself yet another role. Daily Variety reports that Johansson will star for Millennium Films and Emmett/Furla Films in the heist pic Brilliant, with production tentatively slated for September. Barry Levinson, who recently shot the Robin Williams comedy Man of the Year, will direct from a script by Gillian Gorfil and Elizabeth Shorten from a story by Gorfil and Nicholas Lorentz.

In the film, Johansson will take a criminal turn as a jewel thief who teams up with a conman in order to pull of the biggest heist ever. Of course the pair is a bit of an odd couple and their relationship is filled with distress and other twists. The male lead has not yet been cast.

Johansson's manager-mother Melanie Johansson will be a producer with Gorfil, Avi Lerner and Randall Emmett. Boaz Davidson, George Furla, Danny Dimbort and John Thompson are the executive producers. Millennium is currently shopping the project in Cannes, with the producers looking for a Sept. 2007 release.

Repped by WMA, Johansson is currently in front of cameras on The Weinstein Co.'s adaptation of The Nanny Diaries. She recently wrapped Woody Allen's Scoop and has other recent credits that include The Island, Match Point and In Good Company, among others.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Scarlett Johansson is THE OTHER BOLEYN GIRL 
Source: Variety

Scarlett Johansson has signed on to join THE OTHER BOLEYN GIRL according to Variety. She will join Natalie Portman, Eric Bana and Rue McClanahan (Lady Jane Rochford) in the Columbia Pictures Film.

THE OTHER BOLEYN GIRL will take a look at the ferociously ambitious Boleyn sisters, Mary and Anne (Portman), who are rivals for the bed and heart of 16th century English King Henry VIII (Bana).

The story is based on a novel by Philippa Gregory, Peter Morgan crafted the screenplay and Justin Chadwick will direct the film.

Shooting is scheduled to start this coming fall in London.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

i guess i'll say something to unmac this page a little.

bellucci might have posed a challenge before she got pregnant and fell off the face of the earth.

and in this latest news.. my god: portman, scarlett, rue mcclanahan.. what a time to be alive.
under the paving stones.

grand theft sparrow

Bana just barely edged out Bea Arthur for that role.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Pubrick on July 18, 2006, 12:08:19 PMbellucci might have posed a challenge before she got pregnant and fell off the face of the earth.

She looked fine at the jury call at Cannes this year:

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Johansson Stars for Reebok
Source: AdWeek

NEW YORK Reebok today said it has signed a multi-year contract with actress Scarlett Johansson to develop "Scarlett 'Hearts' Rbk," a "fashion-forward, athletic-inspired footwear and apparel signature collection."

The line is scheduled to debut in spring 2007 at high-end department stores and boutiques worldwide.

Marketing support will include television, print, Internet and outdoor. Mcgarrybowen in New York is Reebok's lead agency. Reebok last year spent $50 million in U.S. measured media, per TNS Media Intelligence.

The endorsement deal was brokered under the guidance of Daniel Rosenberg, president of InVenture Entertainment, a New York-based entertainment marketing and production company. The William Morris Agency represented Johansson on this partnership. Financial terms were not disclosed.

"Scarlett embodies the pulse points of our brand: individuality, authenticity and a life lived to the fullest in perpetual motion," Paul Harrington, president and CEO of Canton, Mass.-based Reebok, said in a statement about the 21-year-old actress. "These characteristics make her the perfect fit for our new women's footwear and apparel collection and also for our exciting new women's campaign."

Johansson's resume includes films such as Lost in Translation and Match Point.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Chest Rockwell

That's funny. I never thought her appeal was her super-athletic body.

Ravi

Quote from: Chest Rockwell on August 03, 2006, 01:36:39 PM
That's funny. I never thought her appeal was her super-athletic body.

Its her mad b-ball skills, yo.

MacGuffin

Scarlett Johansson denies divalike demands

Scarlett Johansson has denied claims that divalike demands cost her the lead role in a big-budget revival of "The Sound of Music," a spokesman for the actress said.

Johansson, 21, had been targeted to play Maria von Trapp in Andrew Lloyd Webber's production of the Rodgers and Hammerstein musical, set to open in London's West End in November.

"Her people were not `pro' the idea. It became clear that it wasn't going to work because the demands were so ridiculous," Lloyd Webber was quoted as saying in The Times newspaper.

He said Johansson's representatives "couldn't understand why she would want to appear in the West End for $18,500 a week when she could be earning $10 million for a movie."

"It was annoying because she really wanted to do it," Lloyd Webber was quoted as saying.

Johansson's publicist, Marcel Pariseau, said Thursday it was a busy work schedule and not pay demands that sank the actress' chance to play the role made famous by Julie Andrews in the 1965 film version of the musical.

"It is true that there were some discussions regarding Scarlett and the production of `The Sound of Music.' But Mr. Webber's statement regarding the demands is extremely exaggerated," Pariseau said in a statement. "Her management team was simply asking for terms that an actress of her stature would ask for."

Lloyd Webber said he was also told that Johansson would need two assistants stationed backstage at all times, according to the report.

The role of Maria will now be played by an actress to be chosen from a new British Broadcasting Corp. reality TV show. The Aug. 15 finale of "How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria" will award a six-month contract to one of 10 finalists.

Johannson stars in Woody Allen's new movie, "Scoop." Her screen credits also include "Lost in Translation" and "Girl With a Pearl Earring."

Skeleton FilmWorks

Chest Rockwell

I can't say I care too much about that role as I never would have seen it. But I imagine Scarlett must be pissed with her managers.