The Official Title of the Official Thread of my Photography.

Started by The Perineum Falcon, July 06, 2006, 10:00:43 AM

pete

I also rent from gun nuts! 
and people think I'm gay.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

The Perineum Falcon

Oh, thank you.
Those seem to get the most positive attention with most people.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

The Perineum Falcon

A brief interlude of images black&white, whilst we wait for a larger update consisting of the New Color Project.

Enjoy, or something.

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

The Perineum Falcon

mogwai

i like your stuff, from the béatrice dalle look a like, to the gay people and the stuff with torn down theatre buildings etc..

um, just keep on snapping em black and white because i think that's what you're best at.

can we have sex now?

The Perineum Falcon

Well, this one's for you:

Whilst on a trip to Savannah this summer past, I found myself taking a number of images of the trashcans that littered the alleys and streets of the city. At the time, I'd no explanation for this sudden fascination, except for feeling a strong sense of urgency, humor, and inspiration. Not knowing what to do with them, I left those images alone, and soon forgot I'd taken them at all. I've recently come across them again and in viewing them together realised what kind of inspiration had struck months before. It's funny how you can identify with inanimate objects, and even go so far as to personify them. I call the following four images "The Community."

"Sharing the Load"

"Gossip"

"Waiting for the Bus"

"Hoodlums"

Pubrick

holy shit. a minute ago your photos were Amateur Hour 101 -- taking pictures of "lines" and bullshit meaningless geometric shapes..

and now they're fucking brilliant man. i love the bin series, even the maccas thing which has been played out is done competently. i love the titles! were you on drugs? do you realise the difference between the new batch and the other crap? this is a great day for artistic progress!
under the paving stones.

JG

wait so you weren't thinking about titles at all when you took them?  its all in the titles!   

The Sheriff

id fuck ayn rand

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: Pubrick on September 12, 2007, 09:12:27 PM
holy shit. a minute ago your photos were Amateur Hour 101 -- taking pictures of "lines" and bullshit meaningless geometric shapes..

and now they're fucking brilliant man. i love the bin series, even the maccas thing which has been played out is done competently. i love the titles! were you on drugs? do you realise the difference between the new batch and the other crap? this is a great day for artistic progress!
I like you, P. I really do.
Thank you.

Quote from: The Sheriff on September 14, 2007, 12:55:19 AM
too much symmetry. is there woods or a forest nearby?
i'm afraid you've lost me.

The Sheriff

you play alot with symmetry. i thought maybe you could find something interesting in the wilderness.
id fuck ayn rand