Wild At Heart

Started by bonanzataz, June 27, 2003, 04:14:14 PM

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: HedwigAnd the way he moves his hands when he talks is pure magic.
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=6339&start=30

Quote from: kotteand use my hands way to much when I talk.
Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanYou need to see Steve Ballmer talk, then. I'm surprised he hasn't dislocated his shoulders.

He also dances like a monkey and sweats like a pig.

moving your hands while you talk sucks.  people should nail their hands to the floor while they talk.
context, context, context.

NEON MERCURY

well, as expected this dvd kicks ass and once again proves that lynch is obviously the greatest director living.   and yes, i am serious.

i love the slip case...i love the raised lettering...i love the snakeskin facade...i love the insert which details the realtionships between the characters...i love the amaray keep case...i dont like the cover underneath the slipcase....i love how both this and blue velvet picture a woman in a mans arm...i love the dvd disc art....i love the font they used on the back of the case to describe the bonus features....i love the critic quotes on the back..i dont like the synopsis on the back though. ..and as for the film.......

since i am not one of those fanboys that loves everything lynch does  and thinks that he is perfect,  i will keep it real for you...i think this film has its flaws more so than even dune...but there are certian scenes in this film that make up for it...after years of watching this thing on shitty vhs..i was expectign to be blown away by a "lynch supervised transfer" and he didnt dissapoint...as with any/mostr films dvd transfer widescreen is the way to go..it makes the experience better, enricher, beautiful...what i liked most abou tthe film is the supporting characters and tthe "what the fuck is this shit?" scenes.  

spoooooilerrrrrsssss.s.s....

like when laura palmers mom from twin peaks playing the crippled hitwoman and the reggie guy along with drop shadow[btw, cool  mane for a character..and also, a funny ass twin peak character] shoot johnny-that shit was fuckign wicked......its disturbing, sexual, voilent, funny,horrific all at once...and when she starts screaming "fuck me reggie!"...damn that wild.....that is to me key lynch artist but him does that sjit.its awesome.....its creative.......its beautilfully disturbingly strange....its lynch...i love the other scenes with mr. reindeer...like th edinner table scene with the naked chicks in the background.when the camera pulls back  and evertything its in scene-it badass to see what he encompasses all in one frame......for the sake of time i will try to keep this brief...but soemthimes i cant help myself........but my favorite scenes in the film involve the nightime scene with sherilynn fenn ......i like the mood it creates..ou ton th edeserted highway, and the wiked game song playign in the background......then seeing the clothes scattered then the car wreck/deasd bodies/fenn and her damaged head.........really good stuff when in motion..........and bobby peru is fuckign hilarious.. ..just everything about the guy..there is more ..but i will also, say fopr thwhat i dont like is that soemtimes the acting is cheesy[dern].and soethigns dotn flow ell. but all is forgiven......and laure derns mother was awesome.just sick shit/twisted........

.and jingle dell..........i wish lynch would use crispian glover more.he right up his alley........thi sand the blackout segment in hotel room prove it.......

and lastly i have got to comment on the fact that lynch seems just liie a cool guy.....no arrogance, he doesnt talk using the pretensious big words and all this pseudo- fake poseur  garbage......the guy is just cool man....

MacGuffin

Quote from: NEON MERCURYi love the slip case...i love the raised lettering...i love the snakeskin facade...i love the insert which details the realtionships between the characters...i love the amaray keep case...i dont like the cover underneath the slipcase....i love how both this and blue velvet picture a woman in a mans arm...i love the dvd disc art....i love the font they used on the back of the case to describe the bonus features....i love the critic quotes on the back..i dont like the synopsis on the back though.

The only thing I didn't 'love' was whoever filmed Laura Dern's interview didn't focus the camera.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

rustinglass

the censors are the most pathetic people
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Two Lane Blacktop

Just watched this movie last night, after not seeing it since its original release in the theaters.  I'd forgotten just how awesome Diane Ladd is in this movie...  Marietta Fortune is one of my favorite Lynch characters ever.

2LB
Body by Guinness

MacGuffin

Barry Gifford Appearing at Wild at Heart Screening in San Francisco's Clay Theatre on Saturday, October 21st
For those of you in the San Francisco area, mark October 21st on your calendars, as the Clay Theatre will be screening Wild at Heart on the big screen. In addition, Barry Gifford will be there to take questions and sign autographs.

http://landmarkafterdark.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=91&Itemid=2

Skeleton FilmWorks

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Quote from: MacGuffin on October 06, 2006, 12:42:21 AM
Barry Gifford Appearing at Wild at Heart Screening in San Francisco's Clay Theatre on Saturday, October 21st
For those of you in the San Francisco area, mark October 21st on your calendars, as the Clay Theatre will be screening Wild at Heart on the big screen. In addition, Barry Gifford will be there to take questions and sign autographs.

http://landmarkafterdark.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=91&Itemid=2

This is also the "X-rated" cut. 
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

bonanzataz

i tried looking for a little bit but couldn't find anything and now i have to take a shit so i need to type this fast.

anybody know what the music is that's playing when bobby peru makes his first entrance ("perhaps you might picture toto, from the wizard of oz...")? know where i can find it? it's not on the soundtrack. THANKS A BUNCH!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Pas

It had been years since I watched this, first time on DVD too. I did friday. I thought there was a lot more sex and boobs, maybe my DVD was one of these censored ones mentionned earlier in the thread???

Bobby Peru rocks, but the 20-30 minutes before he appears are a bit boring. Should've been a tight 90 minutes and not 125ish. The abortion scene is truly disgusting I had drank a lot and smoked a cigar it almost made me throw up. Whenever a film mentions abortion I get twitchy, but when we see it usually I switch it off and make a 1 star review on IMDB. I'm not against abortion it's just I don't like images of it. These pro-life protestors are the worst when it comes to that, god I hate them.

So yeah, I'm still wondering how I rate Wild at Heart in the Lynch top films. Maybe it's second or maybe it's second worst... hard to say

squints

U should watch Lake of Fire
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pas

Looks awful... did you see it?

Also have you ever had someone tell you about their abortion like they are talking about what they had for breakfest??? One of my gf's friend is like that. She's the worst. She always talks about periods and menstruations and abortions and pregnancy. Nobody's asking her about it too, she'll just pop it up randomly. I really hate her, but her boyfriend is helping me a lot with the house repairs so I guess she's alright.

squints

Its one of the best documentaries i've ever seen! But not for the squeamish by any means. 
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

DocSportello

Just watched this for the first time in ages and oh my god this is a fun movie! Lynch's decision to use a mix of metal, Elvis, and his own distinctive synthy shit for music was just plain awesome and for me it worked well alongside the whole "in love and out of control" theme of the film. I also thought it was cool to see a bunch of Twin Peaks faces since I just finished the series and those characters are still fresh in my mind. I found it balanced Lynch's inherent strangeness with a strong forward momentum in such a way that the whole thing came off as extremely confident. I think it's the confidence that makes this film so entertaining for me. That, and perhaps the fact that Bobby Peru is pure gold.

I will say that I think I prefer his more challenging films (ie. Mulholland Dr., Lost Highway, Blue Velvet) but I'd have to say this is the one I'll watch the most from here on out, if for no other reason than the difficulty of some of his other work.

There is one thing though...Anyone care to comment on all the Wizard of Oz references/allusions? I couldn't really come to any concrete reasoning in my mind other than that they're both road movies and how the Marietta Fortune character definitely echos that of the wicked witch. But then again, it's David Lynch.