There Will Be Blood - now with child/partner forum we call H.W.

Started by depooter, March 27, 2005, 02:24:56 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: Astrostic on February 17, 2006, 12:21:55 PM
Here is a Glowing review of the script for There Will Be Blood posted today at Latino Review. Sounds like he's a bit of a biased fanboy, but his excitement is good news to me, nonetheless.

http://latinoreview.com/scriptreview.php?id=20

he sounds like an idiot to me.. this makes no sense:
Quote from: the douche bag at latino reviewFurther unsolicited advice: novelize this screenplay. To make this film right, you're going to need about 25 million dollars, at least. Build a fan base, win some literary awards - get the funding you need in place before you're backed into a corner and squeezed. With the film in book form, it will be taken seriously.
he pulled a brazoliange. utterly useless.
under the paving stones.

matt35mm

Quote from: Pubrick on February 17, 2006, 09:29:45 PM
Quote from: Astrostic on February 17, 2006, 12:21:55 PM
Here is a Glowing review of the script for There Will Be Blood posted today at Latino Review. Sounds like he's a bit of a biased fanboy, but his excitement is good news to me, nonetheless.

http://latinoreview.com/scriptreview.php?id=20

he sounds like an idiot to me.. this makes no sense:
Quote from: the douche bag at latino reviewFurther unsolicited advice: novelize this screenplay. To make this film right, you're going to need about 25 million dollars, at least. Build a fan base, win some literary awards - get the funding you need in place before you're backed into a corner and squeezed. With the film in book form, it will be taken seriously.
he pulled a brazoliange. utterly useless.
Wow.  That guy... that fucking guy...

Latinos, man.

The Perineum Falcon

TOOOOTALLY agree.

Polanski should've taken his advice with that "Twist" movie. It would've been better as a book.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

jigzaw

Quote from: Slightly Green on February 18, 2006, 11:42:30 AM
TOOOOTALLY agree.

Polanski should've taken his advice with that "Twist" movie. It would've been better as a book.

You're making a joke, right?  I think so, but sometimes it's hard to tell in writing.

I think the Latino just doesn't know that the script is already an adaptation of a book.  Novelizing the script is a really dumb idea.

Tictacbk

I'm fairly sure that Polanski movie "Oliver Twist" is already a book too.  I can't be too sure, sarcasm doesn't always come across "in writing."

Its this type of thing that brings huge disappointment when theres a new post in this thread.

Pozer

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: Tictacbk on February 20, 2006, 09:57:19 PM
I'm fairly sure that Polanski movie "Oliver Twist" is already a book too.  I can't be too sure, sarcasm doesn't always come across "in writing."

Its this type of thing that brings huge disappointment when theres a new post in this thread.

You're absolutely right, I can't tell if you really think I'm this stupid or not. But to clear things up a bit:
Quote from: Slightly Green on December 21, 2005, 01:16:38 PM
And I've since moved on:

:roll:
Given your argument on the clarity of sarcasm (or lack of), and given the context of the complaints, and the fact that just about EVERYONE has heard of Dickens and Oliver Twist, but let's not forget:
Quote from: Brazoliange on October 10, 2005, 03:25:15 AM
I thought this was really well-done, if a bit long. Polanski did a great job establishing the time period. It's a pretty predictable Hollywood story though.
sarcasm should've been fairly clear.

Come on, guys.... Come on.
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Tictacbk

Yea...i was being sarcastic.  I would never think you were that dumb, nor am i that dumb.  In fact, if you scroll down from that brazoliange quote you would see that i reply to that in a similar way.  Apparently sarcasm really is confusing "in writing."  I'll go back to my hole now.

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: Tictacbk on February 21, 2006, 11:52:57 AM
Yea...i was being sarcastic.  I would never think you were that dumb, nor am i that dumb.  In fact, if you scroll down from that brazoliange quote you would see that i reply to that in a similar way.  Apparently sarcasm really is confusing "in writing."  I'll go back to my hole now.
Well... *ahem*

:doh:

I think we have a new Marquee message:

"Xixax.com

We don't get sarcasm."

w/o horse

Quote from: picolas on February 08, 2006, 12:34:46 AM
http://movies.hsx.com/servlet/SecurityDetail?symbol=TWBLD

trading begins on Friday.

I'm semi-addicted to this fucking place now.  I check it with my e-mail, but spend longer reading the stocks.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

bluejaytwist

apologies for getting the thread back on topic
but there is some potentially interesting film information living on our site

www.cigarettesandredvines.com

kay?

cjw
cigarettes & red vines - pt anderson definitive resource
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com

fortyfps productions
http://www.fortyfps.com

Fernando

Quote from: @ c&v cjw wrote
Hey folks, Harry here!

hahaha priceless, thanks for the update.

I'm excited about the story description of the flim, it's in the potential spoiler section of the update.

Brazoliange

one day I hope someone can realize that I did know it was a book and was merely using Hollywood story in today's context
Long live the New Flesh