I Am A Ghost (and now the official 72teef thread)

Started by 72teeth, March 11, 2012, 06:40:07 PM

72teeth

a part of SF's 30th Asian American FilmFest

Saw this on a whim and was not sorry. A great director/actor showcase that plays with it's audience and delivers a classic, timely ghost story with plenty of real scares. I'm sure it'll get accepted to a lot more fests so keep your eyes peeled and see it if you can.
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

polkablues

Just based on that trailer, I wouldn't really be giving it a second thought, but with your recommendation, I'm willing to give it a chance.  The acting seemed pretty student-filmy, though.
My house, my rules, my coffee

72teeth

thats exactly what i thought i was in for too, and the first 20 minutes almost make you believe your in for a big boring Lynch loveletter made by some highschooler, but by the second act, you see what he's doing and you're sure your in good hands. The story and concept comes first and foremost. It's not at all student splater flick or a movie made to homage other horror movies or "the next Roth!" type movie or anything like that, just a good ghost story with a slight, non-twisty gimmick. The guy who made it is also a musician, and keeping that in mind, it really has a chorus-bridge-climax kindof quality to it. More than anything, it gave me that "I-can-make-movie-too!" feeling, and i always gotta respect that

Yowza Yowza Yowza

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

72teeth

yeah! for the time being i am here and trying my best to stay here, but shit is 'spensive! Im outer richmond

Yowza Yowza Yowza

Pubrick

Quote from: 72teeth on March 15, 2012, 03:30:25 PM
trying my best to stay here, but shit is 'spensive!

you gotta learn to hustle, son!

like those kids in pete's pic. they just robbed a dude.

took his wallet, iphone, and a handful of his 72 gold teef.
under the paving stones.

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

pete

72 are you a cool dude? if so then come hang out!
- Buster Keaton

72teeth

i think im cool! maybe just a little awkward tho.. i weirded out on a xixer one time when he tried to friend me on myspace a couple years back, but i was in a odd place then... but yes pete, i am cool and we should hang :)

but you keep those kids away from me... I will drop-kick those fuckin' kids if they come near me.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

72teeth

Fuck...
ive been shitty about repping my favorite film of 2012 (so far..)

it was screening during the Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival and i forgot to let all you L.A.Xaxers know about it..
schary doods.

but fear not, it's still been getting lots of good word, praise, and attention, and im still confident for a wide release in the soon-future...

but Here is the official website if yall care to check it out and keep track...> I Am A Ghost

ill be bumping this later, come any new screenings, til at least another one of us sees it.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

72teeth

Any u phucks phrum Philli?

it just got into Philadelphia Independent

Yowza Yowza Yowza

pete

teeth and I hung out.
well not hung out, but he came to work on the set of my music video for Aesop Rock.
and I'm happy to report that teeth is a fucking trooper. he's funny and he'll do ANYTHING.
- Buster Keaton

polkablues

I like how this has become the official 72teeth thread.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

I like that pete basically posted a review of 72teef.
under the paving stones.

Reel

it's inspiring when Xaxer's get to meet each other. I'd like to hear a detailed account of every one.