Submitting a film...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, August 12, 2003, 11:14:58 AM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I'm really in the dakr on this stuff, so please help...

When you submit a film to Sundance or somewhere, does it have to be on a reel or can it be digital?

How do you get your film into a film festival?

Do you contact a record label when you want to reuqest the use of a song from a band, or do you contact the band, or what?

When I finish the script, would anyone be interested in giving me a critique?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

ono

http://institute.sundance.org/jsps/site.jsp?resource=pag_ex_programs_festival_entries&sk=N2rLELMwiPKuKWua

Last I remember reading, I think they want their films on VHS or DVD.  No reels.
QuoteHow do you get your film into a film festival?
1) Make a good film that people actually want to watch and enjoy (well, "enjoy" is debatable ;)).
2) Submit it to lotsa film festivals.
3) Pray.
QuoteDo you contact a record label when you want to reuqest the use of a song from a band, or do you contact the band, or what?
Look around, there's another thread that answers this question.

EDIT: http://www.xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=2386
QuoteWhen I finish the script, would anyone be interested in giving me a critique?
I'm hesitant to say yes, myself, which is why I don't respond to the ones posted here.  I'd probably be way too harsh.  But if harsh is what you want, I could tear something up for you.  Not saying my criticisms are any more valid than the next guy's, but if I have the time, and your script is actually interesting, I could do it.  Just format it well, and try to entertain the reader.  I know some scripts come out much better on the screen, but the best ones are usually good to read, too.

OmegaSlacker

Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoobWhen I finish the script, would anyone be interested in giving me a critique?
Like Onomatopoeia (I almost shortened that to Ono, but then images of Yoko came to mind. I'm back after a good half hour of crying) said, my opinion isn't worth any more than anyone elses, but I'd give it a read, I have a lot of free times on my hand right now.
When I was just a baby, my momma told me, "Son, always be a good boy, don't ever play with guns." But I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.