North by Northwest

Started by Pas, August 05, 2005, 05:38:18 PM

Pas

Trailer here

Release date : July 17 (1959)

Cast : Cary Grant (Roger O. Thornhill), Eva Marie Saint (Eve Kendall), Jessie Royce Landis (Clara Thornhill)

Director : Alfred Hitchcock (Vertigo)

Screenwriter : Ernest Lehman (Sabrina)

Premise : Middle-aged Madison Avenue advertising executive Roger O. Thornhill is mistaken for a government agent by a gang of spies. He gets involved in a series of misadventures and is pursued across the States by both the spies and the government whilst being helped by a beautiful blonde.

hedwig

Where is this now showing?

modage

this looks good.  i can't wait.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Brazoliange

Long live the New Flesh

w/o horse

Eva Marie Saint is fucking hot as hell.  I'll see this one just for her.

Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

grand theft sparrow

I saw this already.  It was pretty good but it got weird when planes started falling out of the sky.

cine

that trailer was so boring. and i cant believe that guy showed off the poster during the trailer.. haha i mean really. he even says "and now for the climax of our tour"..

looks okay i guess.

samsong

seriously guys, this is, like, the worst movie i've seen all year, perhaps of all time...  although it definitely not as bad as Gerry. god, what the fuck was with that shit?  anyway, here are some concise and cleverly titled points as to why.  grr i'm so ANGRY!!!

reason i did not like the film 1: all that fucking MUSIC.  shit man... it's so obvious it's going for suspense and thrills.  WE GET IT!!!

reason i did not like the film 1a: all that attempt at suspense? not suspenseful.  this goes beyond just the music, too.

reason i did not like the film 2: cary fucking grant is so bad.  all he does is run around for the entire film, and nothing else! no conventional character stuff for me to bite my teeth into.  fuck that shit, man.

reason i did not like the film 3: omfg the PLOT.  THE PLOT is so fucking ridiculous.  the plot sucked, dude.  films need better PLOTS.  by now they should realize that films are nothing without a good PLOT.

reason i did not like the film 4 that makes everything i just said that much more pointless:
I FUCKING HATE ALFRED HITCHCOCK.  he's a bigger hack than brett ratner, or i'm going to say that anyway because everyone on xixax thinks so... about ratner, anyway -- everyone seems to LOVE the hitchCOCK.  i actually loved Rush Hour 2.  back to the point, that guy hasn't made a good movie in his LIFE, and this definitely is not an exception.  he built his career on, like... being fat, and making pretentious trailers for movies that suck.  if i may be so bold, i would say that alfred hitchcock is the pavement, yes, the PAVEMENT, of directors.

if anyone comes on here and posts about how good this film is, well, to quote a good friend of mine:
Quote from: a good friend of minei will fight you.
this isn't even about a difference of opinion. this movie is just BAD, as i have just scientifically proved.  F for FUCKING SHIT, which is exactly what this movie is.  if fucking was spelled "F-UCKING" i would've given it an F-.  fuck you, alfred hitchcock... fuck you.

pete

c'mon, the plane was cool.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Ravi

This Alfred Hitchens guy should be banned from making movies.

SiliasRuby

He was officially banned from the world on april 29th 1980.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

RegularKarate

Wow, that trailer is fucking disappointing. Looks like Hitchcock fucked this one up.

GoneSavage

After this one, they'll be calling this guy the next Kubrick.

Tictacbk

Quote from: samsong
I FUCKING HATE ALFRED HITCHCOCK.  he's a bigger hack than brett ratner,

least true statement of the day....i hope you were drunk when you wrote this.

hedwig

Quote from: samsongseriously guys, this is, like, the worst movie i've seen all year, perhaps of all time...  although it definitely not as bad as Gerry. god, what the fuck was with that shit?  anyway, here are some concise and cleverly titled points as to why.  grr i'm so ANGRY!!!

reason i did not like the film 1: all that fucking MUSIC.  shit man... it's so obvious it's going for suspense and thrills.  WE GET IT!!!

reason i did not like the film 1a: all that attempt at suspense? not suspenseful.  this goes beyond just the music, too.

reason i did not like the film 2: cary fucking grant is so bad.  all he does is run around for the entire film, and nothing else! no conventional character stuff for me to bite my teeth into.  fuck that shit, man.

reason i did not like the film 3: omfg the PLOT.  THE PLOT is so fucking ridiculous.  the plot sucked, dude.  films need better PLOTS.  by now they should realize that films are nothing without a good PLOT.

reason i did not like the film 4 that makes everything i just said that much more pointless:
I FUCKING HATE ALFRED HITCHCOCK.  he's a bigger hack than brett ratner, or i'm going to say that anyway because everyone on xixax thinks so... about ratner, anyway -- everyone seems to LOVE the hitchCOCK.  i actually loved Rush Hour 2.  back to the point, that guy hasn't made a good movie in his LIFE, and this definitely is not an exception.  he built his career on, like... being fat, and making pretentious trailers for movies that suck.  if i may be so bold, i would say that alfred hitchcock is the pavement, yes, the PAVEMENT, of directors.

if anyone comes on here and posts about how good this film is, well, to quote a good friend of mine:
Quote from: a good friend of minei will fight you.
this isn't even about a difference of opinion. this movie is just BAD, as i have just scientifically proved.  F for FUCKING SHIT, which is exactly what this movie is.  if fucking was spelled "F-UCKING" i would've given it an F-.  fuck you, alfred hitchcock... fuck you.

HAHAHHAHAHAHahaha

btw, this is the same guy who directed "Psycho" for those that didn't know

now THAT shit was the cat's pajamas. great cast, plus im a julianne moore fan