Kevin Smith's Jersey Girl

Started by SHAFTR, February 04, 2003, 12:27:25 PM

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

Jason Biggs has Bigg Red Lips!

And this HAS to NOT BE the DVD Cover
Cuz Biggs gets credit for what? 2, 3 scenes tops?
GEORGE CARLIN DESERVES TOP BILLING!
He was awesome in this movie if ANYone actually was!

Pwaybloe

cover kevin biggs peek-a-boo

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Pubrickyes this is the worst cover i have ever seen. wow.
This requires a new thread...

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?p=150695#150695

SiliasRuby

I saw this the other night. My god, what mediocrity. Well, I guess I shouldn't be too harsh. It just seemed, well middle of the road. Mod is right, Liv Tyler is a dream girl but more of a generic dream girl for Ben's character. It was a surprise to see J Lo in another halfway decent film. Despite all the publicity and dancing tronic music she presses on the has the potential to be quite an amazing actress. She just needs to work with much more capable directors.

So the story was kind of pedestrian but it had moments that were complete kevin smith. He felt restrained here and I guess thats a good thing for him, being diverse. It didn't have the extra oomph and I was wondering if there ever was a director's cut. Probably isn't. It was wonderful to see Carlin again. If you view that last scene with him and Ben's character, you could see that George could really act.

The girl was cute and it was great seeing Will Smith in a cameo.

Thats all the space I'm going to waist on this film, for the moment anyway.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Stefen

Yeah, it sucks, hasn't aged well.

It's funny how Kevin Smith just CANNOT seem to grow as a filmmaker. He never gets better. NEVER EVER.

Do 15 year old kids still dig him? I mean, does he resonate with them the way he used to resonate with us?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

SiliasRuby

Its okay if you as a director never get better but if a director you grow and have a different themes and ideas that can make you a better director, perhaps a great director. Industry people like to put people in a box and I think kevin was fine for that for a while. It made him good money. He will become a more versitile director, maybe directing his pallete somewhere else if he ever gets his horror film off the ground and running. I still respect him more for trying to do something a little different with 'Jersey girl'.

Come to think of it its possibly going to be the only kevin smith film you can take with your parents in tow and not have them completely freaked out. I'm gonna look for a link for clerks 2 now, just saw that as well.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection