The Lord Of The Rings: Return Of The King

Started by modage, June 30, 2003, 12:10:57 PM

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

okay, just to do a little re-cap of the various tidbits of news about this...

In an interview with the Chicago Sun-Times, Elijah Woods says that Return of the King's running time may push toward three and a half hours.

Billy Boyd, who plays fun-loving hobbit Pippin in The Lord of the Rings trilogy, has glowing words for The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. Boyd tells the Calgary Sun that he has seen a rough cut of the third, and final, installment.  "I don't think people have any idea — it's incredible," says Boyd, who thinks the last film is by far the best of the trilogy. "We've started with the best source material and then the script they wrote is probably the best screenplay I've ever read."  He adds that he "was near tears just reading the screenplay. It was so emotional. On top of that, people already know the character and have been on journeys with all these guys. This is sort of the end of all those stories. It's just got so much going for it before (Jackson) adds the special touches."

Empire Online chatted with Sir Ian McKellen at their annual film awards about the third installment The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, and things are sounding good...  "I've got a little secret to tell you," he whispered in Empire Online's ear. "In an e-mail I got just now from Peter Jackson, I asked if he was coming tonight and he said 'no,' he can't but he's recorded a video message and then he put a PS at the bottom. It said: 'And Return of The King is looking very, very good!' So, I tell you, if Peter Jackson's boasting how good the third film is now, then we'd all better watch out!"
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Banky

i really hope this one racks up all major oscars and gets the credit it deserves

Pwaybloe

Yeah, I'm really pumped for this.  After "Hulk" has come and gone, this one is next on my plate.  

Mmmmm... Return of the King...  agggggggggrrrr (yeah, that's supposed to be Homer gurgling.)

Mesh

I was just about to make this topic myself.

Can.  Not.  Wait.

Trailers?  When?  Where?

Redlum

http://www.theonering.net

Not forgetting the preview on the Two Towers 2 Disc DVD!
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

jokerspath

Quote from: redlumhttp://www.theonering.net

Not forgetting the preview on the Two Towers 2 Disc DVD!

I have been looking around and cannot find it.  I'll go ahead and assume the teaser/trailer is not out yet...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Vile5

"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

Banky

i beleive the LOTR series is the only line of movies ever that are garunteed to be great before they are even released.  Its a good feeling to know that as great as the first two are, PJ is saying ROTK is the best by far.

Sleuth

Quote from: BankyPJ is saying ROTK is the best by far.

Well, yeah...
I like to hug dogs

oakmanc234

Banky wrote: i beleive the LOTR series is the only line of movies ever that are garunteed to be great before they are even released. Its a good feeling to know that as great as the first two are, PJ is saying ROTK is the best by far.

EX-MUTHAFUCKIN-ZACTLY. They're what I call a 'sure thing'. I was pretty sure that 'Matrix:Reloaded' would be a guarunteed pleaser but I wasn't as deeply satisfied 'film wise' with it as I was after watching 'Towers'. Plus, Matrix 2 ended on a clincher, so it didn't feel complete, whereas 'Towers' rounded off the film nicely so if you're still impatient for the next one, you still feel as if you've watched a full masterpiece, right there. Well, thats how I feel.

As I've said before somewhere, I can't can't even imagine how good 'Return of the King' is going to be.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

jokerspath

After seeing Two Towers I reread The Lord Of The Rings in its entirety for the first time in over 10 years.  I had to remember what happened in ROTK...

I'm more than excited for this film...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Derek

That's somewhat spoiler-ish for those who haven't read the books.
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

©brad

those photos r great. they have a different look from the first two.

can't wait either. its going to be the movie. best christmas present we could ask for.

jokerspath

Quote from: DerekThat's somewhat spoiler-ish for those who haven't read the books.

I edited my statement, but for no real reason, since I was remarking that I would (hypothetically) cry over the joy of having completed an amazing film trilogy, as well as never being able to return to it in a new form (aside from added DVD scenes).  

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT