Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of The Sith

Started by modage, June 24, 2003, 06:14:37 PM

cine

QuoteJulian: Are there some butt-kicking Wookies in Episode Three?
*sigh* Probably.

samuelclemens

is it wrong to say that i don't care for star wars at all?
Stupid babies need the most attention!

Find Your Magali

Boy, you sure have to admire those questions, from a journalistic standpoint. That guy's like Woodward and Bernstein all wrapped up in one.  :roll:

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: governor jimis it wrong to say that i don't care for star wars at all?

yep.

Banky

modage

Star Wars: Episodes 7-9: Rumours of George Lucas following up his original trilogy with another down the track have been around for years - some were solid information, most were just wishful thinking. As a result unless something solid comes through on them I'm not touching speculation on the topic with a ten foot pole. Well today came word which whilst not solid, is from an insider source whose regularly provided totally accurate intel so far for over two years on a variety of projects so I tend to take his word for it. If true, its also good news for fans let down by the prequels: "One of my pals at ILM told me a few days back that another trilogy 'might' happen. This is the sequel trilogy that Lucas said he'd never do. It's very very early days yet, but apparently there is some talk, even to the point of Mr Spielberg - who was interested in doing 'Clones' at one point - stepping in for Lucas, who may want to write, but probably won't want to direct. If Lucas doesn't they'll probably work out a deal for say Frank Darabont to pen (ala the current "Indiana Jones IV" arrangement). This one would be the three films following Return of the Jedi, Han Solo, Skywalker, post-Darth etc. How hard of a time are they going to have on their hands getting some of those original players! ha ha! finally a fitting use for CGI hey? The deal is everyone wants the sequels, except Lucas, who is apparently exhausted [Personally I'd say studio pressure]. If Spielberg directs, it could be ok. Better than those terrible prequel movies".
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

Hayden Christensen Talks Star Wars: Episode III
Source: BBCi Films Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Mr. Anakin Skywalker himself, Hayden Christensen, talked to BBCi Films about the final prequel, Star Wars: Episode III. He says Anakin's turn to the dark side is definitely... dark!

"My character in this one is more or less in the entire film, in every scene in the movie. The character arc is very specific and graduates to the dark side nicely. It was a great part to play. It's definitely darker in tone but I turn into Darth Vader, so how could it not be?"

He adds that "in the first act of the film, there's lots of adventure and Ewan [McGregor] and I are in our element there acting as Jedi Knights. There's a nice banter between the two of us. It has its light-hearted humour but, as the film progresses, it gets darker and darker."
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Banky

EP3: SPY REPORT: Final Darth Friday II
Fri, Oct 31, 03 04:08:05 PM EST

Darth Friday ends their fateful run of spoilers this infamous Halloween night. It is fitting that some of the darkest scenes would be discussed only now, don't you think? Beware of the Dark Side, this is no trick - all treat:

*POSSIBLE SPOLIERS*
- The Battle of Coruscant will be the biggest space battle the Star Wars franchise has ever seen. Expect to see some cool capital ship vs. capital ship warfare. Each side has lots of varied looking warships. The Republic has ships that are more than just Star Destroyers. Might even see an old Ralph McQuarrie design or two get put into place here.
- Expect one of the final shots of the film to be Vader, Tarkin and Palpatine on a Star Destroyer bridge looking out onto space at the beginnings of a Death Star in progress...(but not necessarily THE last shot of the film...) my understanding of the last shot before iris out will be on Tatooine.

- When Padme faces Anakin on Mustafar, Anakin is incredibly upset with her when he realizes she brought Obi-Wan with her. She led Obi-Wan right to him. From Anakin's point of view, he trusted her and she betrayed him. Anakin force-chokes Padme and throws her aside (where she also hits her head.) Then, the duel begins amidst the corpses of the slaughtered Seperatist leaders.

- The twins are born on a brand new never-before seen world (whose name has not been revealed yet.) They land there when they realize that Padme isn't going to make it if they keep pushing on to Alderaan. The natives of this planet resemble little grey close encounters/roswell aliens. Padme finally succumbs to her wounds suffered from Anakin during the birthing scene. She is able to share a few choice words with Obi-Wan before passing. Bail, Obi-Wan and Yoda hatch the plans for what to do with the children. Bail sees to it that C-3PO's memory is wiped. Yoda is dropped off via escape pod at Dagobah where he will await the proper time to do his part. The jedi have been utterly duped and defeated by films end.

- Medical droids turn the remains of Anakin Skywalker (now named Darth Vader) into the classic trilogy cyborg Darth Vader we know and love. His reveal is very "Frankenstein." (He lays on a slab that slowly rises up when he is completed.) When Vader rises, his first desire is knowledge of Padme's fate. Palpatine calmly and cooly tells him that she is dead and that he(Anakin/Vader) killed her. His sorrow and regret result in an awe-inspiring physical manifestation of the dark side of the force. The entire room buckles and twists away from his anguished screams. Every droid in the room is obliterated. Palpatine has to muster all of his powers just to shield himself from Vader's wrath. Vader's echoed scream segues directly into the next scene: Padme's funeral procession.

MacGuffin

Samuel L. Jackson Talks Star Wars: Episode III

TheForce.net talked to Samuel L. Jackson about playing Mace Windu again in Star Wars: Episode III. He says George Lucas won't disappoint in the final prequel:

Q: OK, now that you´ve finished your participation in the "Star Wars" movies.

A: Not necessarily.

Q: Well, maybe there are some pick-up shots left (nods his head in agreement), how was the experience of portraying a Jedi Knight?

A: It´s been awesome! It was a lot more than I bargain for when I asked, you know, to be in the films. George Lucas did an enormous kind of favor for me by creating this particular role because I was just asking for being in the film. I was willing kind of being a stormtrooper or whatever, run to a frame or something and say, I was in the film! That´s me, right there! He created this really interesting character for me that is an important character that, now, has...I guess, a place the "Star Wars" lore that's pretty prominent.

I think in Episode III he's definetely answered a lot of the questions that people had over the years about how this particular thing happened or why this person is this way, you know...who is connected to this and who is connected to that, but I think, he´s also done what a lot of people has asked and probably gone a little further in that people was so angry about the first episode because they thought it was just a kiddy movie and the second episode because is kind of, well...that didn´t answer all the things we need.

So now, he has put all these things together and tied it up. It's very dark and shakespearean...and adult, and more violent than a "Star Wars" movie used to be. Hopefully they´ll be satisfied with this particular episode.

Q: You wanted to be in these films...you got it. You asked for a purple light saber...you got it. Did you get the proper death you demanded for your character ?

A: (Laughing)Yeah...I did.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Find Your Magali

I've really enjoyed Jackson's fanboy attitude toward the prequels. He's really having fun with it, regardless of whether these are great movies or not.

I'd love to hear a Jackson commentary track on the original trilogy, when they release it next year (hint, hint). That would just be cool. You know, for one of the four commentary tracks -- Lord of the Rings did it, so why not Lucas? -- on each movie, just have a bunch of current Hollywood bigwigs who have been influenced by the Star Wars pantheon. I mean, how groovy would it be to listen to, say, Samuel Jackson, Kevin Smith and Kevin Williamson sitting around and drinking beers while watching "The Empire Strikes Back."?

There are times that I think Mace Windu's stadium entrance and "This party's over" line is the best moment of the prequels thus far.

Banky

i would love to hear Kevin Smith commentary, but nothing like that would ever come together.  

I would love somone with the means and knowledge to somehow do XIXAX commentary.  Like a few people could meet in an audio conference on the web and then watch a movie together.  Others could than listen after the commentary is posted.  I guess this is similar to the Magnolia fan commentary.  I just think it would be cool to match voices with names and avatars.  I would definantly listen to commentaries by XIXAX members.

Banky

Sigur Rós

Pubrick

under the paving stones.