The Dark Knight Rises

Started by MacGuffin, August 07, 2008, 12:16:56 AM

Sleepless

Info here. I would suspect that they won't feature in the movie as it doesn't seem to fit the universe Nolan has created. But that's pure speculation. Flashbacks seems more likely.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

cronopio 2

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Stefen

I watched The Dark Knight the other night and it got me really excited for this new one. It's so good until the Two Face stuff, then I don't like it as much.

Right when it ended I went and researched everything I could about this movie. I trust Nolan. I just hope that silly sonar crap doesn't come back.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Gold Trumpet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i6uU-gjRts&feature=youtu.be

This link will be null and void very soon, but man, if that pit whoever is climbing out of is the Lazerus Pit, they have made it more epic and dark than I could have imagined before. Very little to teaser besides a few good moments with Bane but very adorkable for Batman nerds. Can't help but be excited.

Pubrick

that crowd didn't seem very impressed.
under the paving stones.

squints

Robin Williams huh?

EDIT:

HERP DERP its fake. Watching it again, i'm embarrassed that i was fooled.  :oops:
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Fernando

Stefen

It's a good teaser. Certainly better than some of the fanboy nerds are suggesting. Yeah, there isn't much new footage, but at least there is footage. Remember The Dark Knight teaser? There wasn't any footage at all. New or old. The end of this one with Bane coming at Batman like a man possessed and Batman backing away like a chump was pretty bad ass.

Since we don't know much about it, I think we should all try and guess what the plot will be. Since Bane is a character in the films, and in the comics he breaks Batmans back, and it also features the Lazarus pit, I'm going to say that at some point Batman gets his back broken by Bane, or gets severely injured/crippled and then it eventually gets fixed by the Lazarus pit. Rhas Al Ghul was a big part of the Lazarus pit storyline so with crap from him in the first movie being featured so prominently in the new trailer it's safe to assume he's back. At some point Gordon gets effed up. Possibly by Bane, maybe by someone else. Regardless, he's in bad shape, possibly dying. That could bring Batman out of retirement. Batman could be pissed and want revenge, but everyone hates him, so how does this work? Maybe this is where Catwoman comes in. She could have taken up the mantle while Batman was in retirement and protected Gotham City or at least protect it as much as Nolan would let a woman. The women in Nolan's films are always pretty weak whether it's Rachel Dawes in Batman who's always having to be saved or the girls in The Prestige who are always at the whim of the magicians (one of the wives drowns because she isn't saved), or Maude in Inception who's just a complete nutcase who can't even take care of herself and also needs to be saved, so maybe Batman saves Catwoman after she gets in too deep and that puts him back in the good graces of the people of Gotham.

Currently my most anticipated of 2012, and I hate comic book movies.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

RegularKarate

Since it was revealed he was a character, I've been pretty sure that Bane is going to break Batman's back, man.  I feel like it will probably come at the end though.  This is the end of the trilogy.  He wants to kill this series off an prevent others from making a fourth movie (they'll have to reboot again).

I don't think the Lazarus pit will actually bring people back to life or give them immortality since this series is more grounded in reality.  I get the feeling it's just something used to add to the legend of Ra's Al Ghul.  It makes sense to bring him back for this one since it would bookend it, but it's possible that he's just back in flashbacks.

I think Catwoman is going to be a less significant part of the storyline.

Also, I don't know how well Nolan could keep something like this covered up, but in the Batman storyline, Bane breaks the walls of Arkham Assylum and releases all the criminals.  Maybe that's what brings the Bat out of retirement.

picolas

Reel

Stefen

Stefen

Ravi

http://www.avclub.com/articles/let-us-also-pass-judgment-on-this-photo-of-anne-ha,60004/

Let us also pass judgment on this photo of Anne Hathaway in The Dark Knight Rises
By Sean O'Neal
August 5, 2011

Our week of possibly contentious, context-free teases continues with this first glimpse of Selina Kyle in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises, a film that will be released one representative publicity still and/or set photo per day, every day, thereby unspooling its story like a modern hieroglyphic. Anyway, some people expressed concern when choir treasurer Anne Hathaway was selected to be our next Catwoman, but what do you think now, eh? Nothing, most likely, because there's nothing here to see—just a woman dressed in the sort of form-fitting leather that exists only in superhero films and perhaps a few Eastern European nightclubs, riding one of Bruce Wayne's Batcycles through what appears to be the lobby of a Hilton, and wearing wraparound virtual reality glasses for some reason. Obviously, there's no indication that this is actually Hathaway in her Catwoman garb (for what it's worth, the photo file is labeled "selina_kyle.jpg"), nor any other explanation for any of this. But let's not let that stop us from drawing premature conclusions about Hathaway's suitability for the role. We have a whole year to kill here.