The Dark Knight Rises

Started by MacGuffin, August 07, 2008, 12:16:56 AM

Stefen

Quote from: RegularKarate on January 19, 2011, 12:34:13 PM
Bane and Catwoman is crazy to me.

I don't trust Nolan very much with female characters and Bane is a batshit choice unless they're planning on breaking Batman's back to avoid further sequels in this universe.

Who knows where Nolan will go with it. It could be kind of cool to see Bane be Batmans sidekick or something. Nolan may not necessarily make him a villain. Same with Catwoman. That's what's so much fun about these movies. They're surprising.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

matt35mm

I don't really care very much about these Batman movies, but I do think that Anne Hathaway can be sexy.

Never gonna top Batman Returns, though.

modage

Quote from: matt35mm on January 19, 2011, 09:31:40 PM
Never gonna top Batman Returns, though.

Don't count Nolan out.  Whether he tops it or not it will at least be a completely different and interesting interpretation.  Like Nicholson vs. Ledger.  I can't pick a favorite.  89 or 08?  I love both for totally different things.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

the dark nip rises.

hathaway is very catlike in that she makes you work for her rewards. she is not blatantly attractive and when she tries to be, ie. when she smiles, a normal person's reaction is to shriek back in terror. she is like a cat.. if they smiled and acted like mouth breathing dogs all the time you woudln't like them.

so she's s a villain in the sense that most people are DOG people (because they're insecure and constantly need to be loved.. because their daddy and mommy/mummy didn't pay enough attention to them when they were a child..) but Batman has the whole city drooling after him, which is what he wanted as a natural dog person like the rest of the world --- that's why he's one of US.. that is one of the millions of people that made the movie a hit, definitely not just xixax freaks --- he didn't get enough love from his parents cos they DIEDED,, but now that he's maturing in the final installment of the series it makes sense he'd be after something that doesn't constantly need his love to live.

Tom Hardy will break batman's back in the sense that he will expose his other vulnerability, that is his ultra masculinity. hardy's character will crack batty-boy's back in the sense that he will make bale lose the deep voice and suddenly talk like the prissy brit he is.. they will find some kind of camaraderie and share their deep held love for  instant cofee.

called it.
under the paving stones.

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

B.C. Long

Stefen

Love that poster. Still haven't warmed up to the title. It seemed so perfect to cap off the trilogy with The Caped Crusader. I'm sure once it gets closer I'll get used to it.

It's gonna be a long year and a half of anticipation.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

squints

that poster is a pretty good fake
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

brockly

so this poster is speculating that catwoman is gonna be batman's sidekick? that attire looks way too Wayne Enterpisey.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

jerome

Stefen

"It's still real to me, dammit!"

squints

for reference:

cause i had to look it up. HAHA.