Fantastic 4

Started by Banky, November 14, 2003, 08:32:44 AM

modage

Jessica Alba Confirmed for Fantastic Four
Source: The Hollywood Reporter Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Jessica Alba has been cast as the Susan Storm (aka Invisible Girl) for 20th Century Fox's upcoming Marvel Comics adaptation Fantastic Four, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Alba, who also stars in the upcoming Sin City and Into the Blue, is said to have beat out stiff competition for the role that included Rachel McAdams and Elizabeth Banks.

She joins cast members Michael Chiklis (Benjamin Grimm/The Thing), Ioan Gruffudd (Reed Richards/Mr. Fantastic), and Chris Evans (Johnny Storm/The Human Torch). The four develop superpowers when their spaceship is exposed to cosmic radiation.

Tim Story is set to direct from a script by Simon Kinberg.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SHAFTR

Quote from: themodernage02Jessica Alba Confirmed for Fantastic Four
Source: The Hollywood Reporter Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Jessica Alba has been cast as the Susan Storm (aka Invisible Girl) for 20th Century Fox's upcoming Marvel Comics adaptation Fantastic Four, says The Hollywood Reporter.

I hope she doesn't go invisible much during the movie.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

coffeebeetle

more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Pwaybloe

Jessica Alba in gear.  

Director Tim Story: "Part of the appeal of the Fantastic Four is they don't use secret identities or wear masks," he explains. "They walk amongst New Yorkers who accept them and go to the grocery store to buy milk, just regular people dealing with life who happen to have extraordinary abilities. They don't always like each other, but they do love each other."

Pwaybloe's Komment Korner:  If the director holds true, this is the key to success.

Ghostboy

I don't have much hope for this movie, but The Thing looks about as good as The Thing could look.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

I was on my way here to post that... Mac, you're like a tyranosaurus rex that just ate a meth lab.

That movie looks really horrible, but I have to admit, it looks better than I thought it would.

And the Thing looks really really really REALLY bad.

Ghostboy

Wow...that looks about as bad as I expected. In other words, as bad as one might expect a superhero from the director of Taxi might look. Although I still think The Thing is probably about as good as could be physically executed with makeup.

Does anyone else just think the whole concept of the Fantastic Four is mostly pointless in a modern setting? Moreso than X-Men or Spidey, they have a distinctly retro vibe that just seems dorky in this new, 'cool' format. If this had been a period piece set in a stylized 60s, it would have rocked.

matt35mm

4 Ever?

I wish the Bring It On dude got to direct this.  I think he definitely coulda brought that vibe that Ghostboy mentions (hell, he directed Down With Love, no?)

Dtm115300

I got my hands on a bootleg copy of the old F4 film that was never relesed. My god was that movie terrible. I was laughing from begining to end. I have a feeling that this new F4 film will be no better.

Pwaybloe

My script was declined.

Fuck this movie.

ono

That's probably a better story than the movie.  Details.

SiliasRuby

Oh, Come onnnnn......"You know that looked cool"....Ya, but I agree this has the potential to be extremely terrible.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

pete

did I see some glimpses of xxxtreme sports in there?  I saw extreme sports.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Myxo

So, I finally got around to this.

What a fucking turd. Tim Story?

No black people in the leading roles for this movie. He won't have a chance to turn them all into walking sterotypes like with Taxi and Barbershop. Lame!