Logical next step after FvJ

Started by Banky, August 25, 2003, 08:03:11 PM

Banky

Almost every article ive read about Freddy vs Jasons success seems to somehow hint that Micheal Myers was next in line.  This really worries me.  If they do decide to bring Micheal Myers into the mix they will probably throw a script together pretty damn quick.  I mean it took like 10 years to find a script for FvJ that actually worked well.  Plus, Freddy and Jason are both really campy and thier plots have gone to "supernatural" levels.  Micheal Myers has stayed relativley normal and i dont want them to take him that level.  So what options are there?  I dont see Freddy vs Micheal, it would be too similar to FvJ.  Maybe Jason vs Micheal?  That could work if they made it dark and less "freddy" like.  It woul be hard to pull that off with two mute leads, so no.  Thier has been talk of bringing Ash into the mix.  I think that would only work with one hell of a script and possibly Rami behind the project.  Since he is all "Spiderman" i dont know if that is likely.  Some say Leather Face is a possibility.  I say no.  LF does not have any star power to lead in this kind of showdown.  The ever humorous Chucky has also been brought up.  I think if they put him in a duel it would have to be a total comedy because no one would ever take it seriously.

So whats next?  I say focus on creating new, fresh, installments to the individual series.  Robert Englund has talked of a Freddy prequel.  Save another match up for a couple of years.  I hope that the sucess of FvJ has not made the studios think that pairing up is the only key to sucess.  Whatever the studio decides to do i really hope they take time to develop a good story with good people overseeing the project.

Banky

Banky

naww man.  Its an entirely different discussion all together.

oakmanc234

Chucky vs anybody makes me laugh.

eg:

'Freddy Vs Chucky'

Freddy: "Play time's over, dolly!"

Chucky: "Don't fuck wid da Chuck!"

*Freddy runs over and drop kicks Chucky*

THE END.

Nah, seriously, I dont think there will be any more 'vs' movies involving this horror movie clan. Not even 'Fvs.J 2' (but its Hollywood, so who knows). 'Aliens vs Predator' should be awesome.
'Michael vs Jason' would be soooooo boring. Neither of them talk so it would be just *stab* *chop* *stab*, unless they do sign language to eachother or something....

I've still got my fingers crossed for another 'Chucky' flick.....
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Find Your Magali

The next Chucky movie will be FAR FAR better if they actually have Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden play a human version of Chucky.

I'd pay to see that.

bonanzataz

well, if we're talking about chucky movies, if the end of bride is any indication, son of chucky would be awesome. i guess...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

cine

I think making the son of Chucky a killer Howdy Doody doll would add some much needed spice to the series.

oakmanc234

Bring back Ronny Yu and 'Son of Chucky' could actually work, I reckon. Chucky's kid could be this nasty doll named 'Jack' or 'Mikey' (voiced by Stephen Dorff) or something and his quest is to bring Chucky & Tiffany to life. He succeeds and the three cause all kinds of shit! Ridiculous as hell but so was 'Bride'.
Yeah, gimme 'Son of Chucky'!!!!!!!

RegularKarate

It was always going to be called "Seed of Chucky"... that's a much better title... I don't know why they never did it... as of the end of Bride, it was a go... I guess somewhere along the line, it became a stop

Banky

i never saw Bride Of Chucky.  I heard it was really good.  Wasnt there a sex scence with chucky and his doll?

oakmanc234

Yep, as stupid as it sounds. Chucky & Tiffany get it on by the fire. You see it by way of shadow. It's quite funny. She asks him if he has a rubber, in which he replies: "Look at me! I'm all rubber!".

It's very fucked up.

Banky

man i guess i need to check this one out.  Man i just saw Madonna and Britney and Christina kiss on the VMA's.  i dont know what to say................................................................

oakmanc234

Banky, I think we'd all agree that you have the coolest fucking avatars, man!

Banky

Quote from: oakmanc234Banky, I think we'd all agree that you have the coolest fucking avatars, man!

thanks man.

Banky

According to a scooper over at Aint it Cool News, "I wanted to give you a tidbit of info for your site, if you're interested. I got a very nice phone call from Don Mancini, who said he loved Cabin Fever and said our strong opening helped him get the new Chucky film off the ground. He said between Ronny Yu, Victor Salva, and now Cabin Fever, the financiers have kicked into high gear and he's now in prep. I think it's called Seed of Chucky." So even people who saw Cabin Fever and ****ing hated it should know that their dollars ultimately went to a good cause." Now the question remains, who exactly will be making the film? New Line Cinema or Universal? The scooper didn't say anything about the rights changing hands, but the rumors are still out there. Hopefully this golden news won't turn out to be another dud!