What did you think of Matrix Reloaded?

Started by Ghostboy, May 12, 2003, 02:23:29 PM

jonas

Quote from: MacGuffinThe tribal dance/love scene dragged on and on and on.

That was the most pointless 5 minutes in recent movie memory. I mean, they could have shown them kissing a little then go to the next scene and we would have gotten the point.

I actually started laughing outloud at how long and uninteresting this was.
"Mein Führer, I can walk!" - Dr. Strangelove

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

©brad

WOOHOO!!

:-D  :onfire:  8)

OH baby, I finally saw this today. Where to begin?

BADASS.

I am completely baffled as to why it has gotten some negative reactions. Uhhh, r u sure u saw the right movie? Cos I was bouncing up and down in my seat the entire time- beginnin to end eating it up with a spoon. The beginning a little slow? Please. I loved that tribal dance part, shit was so dope I considered doing my own little tribal dance right in the aisle but opted not to. Oh man, Zion- I had no idea it was going to look like that.

As for the CGI debate, it looked pretty flawless to me. Come on, anyone who thinks some of those shots won't go down in cinema history is wee-todd-it. Did you see that shit on the highway? Neo vs. all the agents?

I gotta take a breather and get my thoughts together. My mind is running a mile-a-minute right now. I do have a couple questions/thoughts and would like to talk about some stuff, preferably with p, sphinx and mac and other people who really loved it.

Honestly though, I couldn't help feeling a little jealous throughout the whole thing. in saying that i mean that watching something like this really really makes you want to make movies. How cool would it be to have your name pop up at the end of the credits after a movie like that?!?!

sphinx

Quote from: MacGuffinNow that you mention it, it looked like one of the huge machines that closed the gates to Zion.

upon second viewing of the film i realized that it was simpy the inner workings of the clock, like tremolosloth said

MacGuffin

Quote from: cbrad4deating it up with a spoon.

"There is no spoon."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

Quote from: jonas
That was the most pointless 5 minutes in recent movie memory. I mean, they could have shown them kissing a little then go to the next scene and we would have gotten the point.

I actually started laughing outloud at how long and uninteresting this was.

nah dude. that scene was great and completely necessary. we gots da see the love between the two to make the ending part more believable. if they'd short changed the love scenes, the movie, in particular neo's choices, kinda fall flat.

Mesh

Quote from: MacGuffinThe Twins were a great addition.

What was the purpose of those albino reggae ghost twins?  Were they supposed to scare me?  They didn't.  They seem kinda omnipotent....but also dumb.

MacGuffin

Quote from: MeshWhat was the purpose of those albino reggae ghost twins?  Were they supposed to scare me?  They didn't.  They seem kinda omnipotent....but also dumb.

They are ghosts. The two guys that were watching film and Persephone kills one with a silver bullet, they were werewolves. The Oracle says, "Every story you've heard about vampires, werewolves or aliens is the system assimilating some program that's doing something [it's] not supposed to be doing."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Mesh

The whole concept of intelligent machines creating a program designed to delude humans into peaceful, sleepy, lifelong submission continues to dumbfound me.

If the machines are that friggin' smart, why don't they figure out an easier way to sedate humans?  Apparently anaesthesia hadn't come too far by the time the AI machines took over....

Barring the above, why don't those super smart machines turn off The Matrix once in a while to clean out all the "rogue programs" (like ghosts and Agent Smith and whoever-the-fuck).  I mean are the machines intelligent or are they not?  Why can't they clean up the very program that IS their survival?

Also, every time I read that ultimatum the Architect gives Neo, it makes less and less sense.  I'm gonna go see if I can be more specific, then edit this post....

Now this:

"There are two doors. The door to your right leads to the source and the salvation of Zion."

Someone explain what he means....do a good job, too....apparently, I'm dense.

Banky

The salvation of zion means neo will rebuild Zion by taking 20 some odd humans and starting over.  This way they can restart the Matrix and the human race will survive.  All of Neo's predecessors have chosen that route.  Neo has gone the other way because he thought he could save Trinity.  But the door that led back to Trinity will also kill the entire human race in 24 hours.

Hope it helped.  I think thats right.

also he proved the Architect wrong because the Architect said eather door he chose Trinity would die.

RegularKarate

I got the impression that every other one chose Trinity.

Sleuth

No, because Banky is correct.  If they had chosen that door, there would not be a Zion left
I like to hug dogs

RegularKarate

Okay... I just reread that part... you're right, but the previous Neo's didn't have the option of Trinity, which further supports the idea that Trinity is this so called "mother of the Matrix" the architect is talking about.

Sleuth

Who said Trinity is the mother of the Matrix?  Are you doing drugs again?  It's the Oracle.  The reason Architect says "PLEASE" after that is because the name Oracle is ridiculous to him since he knows the truth
I like to hug dogs

Banky

tremolosloth is right

I dont think that any of the first 5 Neo's were in love.  In fact the Architect says that none of them had love to influence thier descion.  They were all just dedicated to the species therefore they all chose the door to lead to the rebuilding of Zion.  Maybe Trinity is really THE ONE because she is the new factor that has given Neo the strength to do extraordinary things i.e. grab the rope attatched to the helicopter, fly fast as hell, reach inside somone and save their lives.  She also saved his life at the end of the first one.  It really makes you think.  Maybe she is really the key factor.