ang'r managmn't

Started by sphinx, April 11, 2003, 11:45:46 PM

neatahwanta

I was in a bad mood, and I actually walked out of my first movie tonight.  Jack was funny, but I just couldn't go along with the story tonight.  Maybe I'll see it on cable a few years from now.

cine

Oh and another thing about it.. the last 5-10 minutes of stuff just seemed too surreal to be funny. I don't know why but "surreal" just hit me about the ending moments of the movie.. and I just hated it. I don't know what those writers were thinking with that ending. It appealed to children at most and it wasn't even directed at them with the strong language and rating.

pumba

Funny Movie...Sandler is king
All Hail King Sandler!

Bud_Clay

just got back from it..not very good. i agree with the comment concerning Meet the Parents...they both were very similar in a sense but i didnt find myself laughing with Anger Managment.

there were so so many random insertions. Once they started cutting to billboards advertising to "serve your country" I knew what this movie was shooting for.

oakmanc234

shnorff wrote: Funny Movie...Sandler is king
All Hail King Sandler!

I second that. Bow to the Sandman!
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Pedro

Quote from: MrBurgerKing[. I'm inclined to say it's the worst movie I've seen these past couple years (right up there with Analyze That).
I thought that Analyze That was some of the funniest stuff I've seen in a while.  Deniro kicking the hooker out of Crystal's house in front of his family?  That didn't make you laugh?  Sure the movie was weak plotwise and all but it made me laugh, therefore succeeding in it's original goal.

Ghostboy

I liked Anger Management a whole lot more than Analyze That. Both movies feel older stars engaging in a rousing chorus of 'She's So Pretty.' It was really painful in Analyze That, but I laughed at it in Anger Management (the first time).

MrBurgerKing

Pedro -- Yep, that's the only scene that I laughed at in ANALYZE THAT.

I'd agree that the first time they sang the "I feel pretty" song it was alright in ANGER MANAGEMENT, but I immediately thought of ANALYZE THAT, and soon I felt like throwing up that whopper I ate earlier. God help us all

Bud_Clay

Quote from: MrBurgerKingSuch an attempt to boost everybody's morale and sense of patriotism. Note:

*The flight attendent mentioning our country going through difficult times
*The army propaganda sign on Adam's apartment.
*Rudy Guliani's appearance with the baseball cap.
*New York Yankees, the all american game, and the all american team.

i think that's everything except you forgot the part where Jack Nicholson is talking to Adam about dating his girl as a "pre-emptive strike" against the well endowed guy. holy christ...i wonder if there were actually any more like that that i didnt notice. so dumb..

MacGuffin

Can I suggest if they do a sequel or spin-off to this movie, that it should just be about the lesbians? I can see them doing a "Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion"-type movie, but funnier.

"I like 'em big, and Stacy likes them enormous!" still has me laughing.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Derek237

I saw Anger Management, and I liked it ('cept the last 10 mins). I guess it was because I just had a good time watching since I was with friends, and there was a big crowd. I found myself laughing at scenes that I probably wouldn't be laughing at if I was at home alone (or even with just a couple of friends) watching it on video. If you're even contemplating seeing it, see it NOW, in the theatre. You'll have a better time.

Oh, and Nicholson rules.

oakmanc234

Yep. Nicholson does rule. Its all to obvious to see that this flick was a breeze for him (and he seemed to be having a great time making it). But what got me was how suprisingly good Sandler was in it. He was essentially the 'Sandlerised' version of Barry Egan, seeing him with a business suit and those innocent mannerisms made me feel like I was watching 'Punch-Drunk 2' for a minute. Obviously it wasn't a Barry Egan caliber performance, but a major step above every other comedy that his Happy Madison posse have made.

It's pretty obvious that the consensus view on 'Anger Management' on this forum is negative; some of you guys need to seriously lighten up. Its a fun flick that I had a great time at (as did everyone in the cinema) and I'll most likely see more of in the future. To criticise its editing or production values makes you plain boring. To call it one of the worst films ever makes you a full-blown prick (it ain't 'American Psycho 2').

It's Peter Segal's best movie. Sandler's second best. One of Nicholson's least. And now there's FINALLY a Sandler comedy that tops 'Happy Gilmore'.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

neatahwanta

After some reflection, I must say that PTA ruined this movie for me.  The whole "everything the Sandler character does is wrong, even if its right" theme just irked me to no end.  If Paul hadn't of put Adam in P-DL, I may have enjoyed anger management.  Now I wonder if I'll ever enjoy a Sandler flick again.  :cry:

Pwaybloe