New DVDs???

Started by Keener, September 10, 2003, 07:33:57 PM

MacGuffin

Quote from: Ravi on October 22, 2007, 01:19:28 PM
Quote from: MacGuffin on October 22, 2007, 12:47:43 PM
Where were you yesterday with this?

:brickwall:

I was at home, having ordered the set without knowledge of the code.  I found the code this morning.

I emailed them saying that I forgot to apply the coupon and asked if I could still have it applied or credited. They wrote back:

Yes, we can apply a $5 credit to your account once the title ships.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

Quote from: Ravi on October 22, 2007, 12:05:37 PM
Are Barry Lyndon and Lolita even remastered?

i find conflicting info on wheter this new edition of Lyndon is anamorphic or not - apparently the one in the previous box set was not.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Fernando

Quote from: MacGuffin on October 22, 2007, 04:08:45 PM
Quote from: Ravi on October 22, 2007, 01:19:28 PM
Quote from: MacGuffin on October 22, 2007, 12:47:43 PM
Where were you yesterday with this?

:brickwall:

I was at home, having ordered the set without knowledge of the code.  I found the code this morning.

I emailed them saying that I forgot to apply the coupon and asked if I could still have it applied or credited. They wrote back:

Lucky bastard, this mom & pop dvd store doesn't accept american express, so I have to spend $15 more.  :yabbse-angry:

Ravi

Quote from: MacGuffin on October 22, 2007, 04:08:45 PM

Same here.

tpfkabi

Quote from: Ravi on October 22, 2007, 11:15:46 AM
Quote from: edison on October 21, 2007, 07:35:06 AM
Family Video has it for $45.97.

Use coupon code NEWMEM5F for $5 off.

ordered.

i hate it when online stores do not allow you to have an extra line for shipping address. i send mine to my parents' business since no one is home during the day.

grand theft sparrow

Thank you, edison and Ravi!  I don't know if I should look at it as you saving me $15 or giving me a reason to spend $42 but either way, thank you.

MacGuffin

Yesterday is was ready to ship on the release date.

Now: BACKORDERED - This product usually ships within 2 to 4 weeks.

Where's the non-smiling, middle finger smiley?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

tpfkabi

Quote from: MacGuffin on October 23, 2007, 09:18:34 PM
Yesterday is was ready to ship on the release date.

Now: BACKORDERED - This product usually ships within 2 to 4 weeks.

you saw this in reference to your actual order or you're just talking about the product order page?

hopefully this just means that they had an original amount that sold out and our orders were in before they ran out.

SiliasRuby

Also, did you preorder it mac? Because my parents who preordered it for my birthday next month, it said that 'the product's delivery estimate date is October 26-29th' or some variation. So do you think that I might be in the clear or am screwed too?
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

john

I also pre-ordered it on Amazon, in the same order has Under The Volcano, Breathless, and Days of Heaven. Those have all shipped, the Kubrick box has not.

But it gives me a delivery estimate of October 29th so... good news, perhaps?

Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

Chest Rockwell

Picked up the set yesterday and will probably order Barry Lyndon sometime this week. I'm liking the transfers so far, but I won't be able to really dig into these for a couple weeks. With this and Days of Heaven and Breathless, what a good week to be poor.

Ravi

Mine still says "in fulfillment."

Fernando

Mine as well is not yet shipped, delivery estimate: November 5, 2007 - November 9, 2007.

Maybe WHV didn't delivered them on time? FWIW Mac's BFF Harry Knowls didn't receive the box set for his review.

Ravi

Someone on dvdtalk.com got this email from Family Video:

Warner Home Video Director's Series: Stanley Kubrick Collection has a listed release date of 10/23/07. We have gotten word from Warner Brothers has pushed back release dates on many of their titles, and this is one of those titles. The title should be shipping out as soon as we receive it in our warehouse.

edison

Yeah, I got that. Pisses me off.