New DVDs???

Started by Keener, September 10, 2003, 07:33:57 PM

Keener

Haven't been here in forever. College and job makes Keener a dull boy or something like that.

Anyway, I recall it being said a third version of the Kubrick box set was due. Any news on that? Any dates? Is it already out? A guy's gotta know!
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

Pwaybloe

Oh man.  You just missed them.  You may be able to find them on Ebay, but I doubt it.  

This new box set was only on the market for about a week.  I've got mine, and they rock!

Keener

What the heck?! Why only a week?
Alabama Film Forum

Keener

...and how can I identify it on eBay as being the newest one?
Alabama Film Forum

Keener

Alabama Film Forum

mutinyco

There's nothing different. Looks like they're just rereleasing it. Another printing.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Keener

Quote from: Fernando
Quote from: life_boy
Quote from: The Gold TrumpetKubrick's a hard believer in just letting the movie speak for itself. That's why he never did audio commentaries or put a lot of extras onto his dvds because he thought that even interviews, or documentaries would be speaking too much for interpretation on the film. It's sad because I would love for his dvds to have so many extra things to it, even like things relating to the history of the film and all that, not interpretational things.

I've heard of a special edition coming out for each movie and all, but I have no hopes of any anytime soon.

That's why I figured there wouldn't be any great special editions coming out, so I asked for the box set for Christmas.  The Kubrick: A Life in Pictures documentary kicks ass!  It's good to have the films because all of them are classics.

I strongly advise you to not buy the collection as a new one is on its way, as a matter of fact I did mention this before but here it goes again.

'You might want to hold your buying of the DVD box set, Jan Harlan recently told in a Q&A that another collection with more extras is on the works. That would make it the third one.'

http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=es&lr=&ie=UTF-8&th=50eef43c41bb7daf

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=282&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

So confusedy.
Alabama Film Forum

BrainSushi

My ideal Kubrick Box Set... the movies don't come in those shitty/flimsy Warner Brothers DVD cases. Those things are the suck.

filmcritic

I think the difference is that it's cheaper. In fact, if you buy his DVDs individually, they're cheaper as well.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

ShanghaiOrange

Your mom's the same way. *Bodoom pssh*
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Keener

Quote from: BrainSushiMy ideal Kubrick Box Set... the movies don't come in those shitty/flimsy Warner Brothers DVD cases. Those things are the suck.

New Line Cinema finally ditched those...Warner Bros. really need to do the same.
Alabama Film Forum

Cecil

stanley kubrick is very food indeed

snapper cases are really not very food at all

socketlevel

Quote from: Cecilstanley kubrick is very food indeed

snapper cases are really not very food at all

snapper cases rock the house, kinda like digi packs.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

Myxo

Why does Paths of Glory always get overlooked in these box sets. I mean, come on already! Give me his "canon" of films in one box set with extras. Do it!

Include:

Eyes Wide Shut (1999)
Full Metal Jacket (1987)
The Shining (1980)
Barry Lyndon (1975)
A Clockwork Orange (1971)
2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964)
Lolita (1962)
Spartacus (1960)
Paths of Glory (1957)