PTA Fires Back!!!!!!!!!!

Started by depooter, November 17, 2003, 06:59:27 PM

Find Your Magali

I've been buried in work and just got around to reading it. Fabulous interview! Thanks, Greg!

My favorite insight is that PTA loves baseball! Long live the true national pastime.

I've been trying to deduce what his DVD picks might mean about his next movie. I think (pure speculation) that the key might be the two westerns he threw on there. Not because he's writing a western, per se. But maybe they're the kind of flicks he's watching as he gets in the mood to do an action/adventure kind of romp.

Well, I have to go check out "Dancer in the Dark" now ....  :P

Ghostboy

Link

I've been saying it too!  Though I think Dancer in the Dark is the best movie in much more than five years (better than, dare I say, Magnolia *GASP!*).

That was a great interview.  I love the fact that he pointed out that there were 2 11's.  I didn't even catch that.

coffeebeetle

QuoteI love the fact that he pointed out that there were 2 11's.  I didn't even catch that.

I'm still not catching it...what's that mean?

Muchas gracias Greg...that was a wonderful interview.

I too have to check out Dancer now...and I'm fucking thrilled he loved Translation..
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

MacGuffin

Quote from: coffeebeetle
QuoteI love the fact that he pointed out that there were 2 11's.  I didn't even catch that.

I'm still not catching it...what's that mean?

The number of questions. It should be 12 questions, but there are 2 #11's.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

coffeebeetle

more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Spike

Godamn it, that was fast. He really cares for his fans, I think.
It's great, he's praising my favourite director PJ!
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

Slick Shoes

©brad

that should keep us drooling for a while.

thanks gregster. good stuff.

Ernie

Ok, first of all - THANKS so much Greg, I think I actually forgot to thank you before on the original question thread. You are the best, don't let anybody tell you different, this is so much more than any of us deserve.

best questions, best answers...that is what is hands down....

sooner than I think sounds great. Cause, on realistic terms, I've been thinkin about a 2005 release at the latest, realistically.

hey, who else is checking out that carl dreyer thing right now without ever hearing of it before? Me for one. Netflix in two seconds.

one complaint - he likes LOTR - other than that: perfection, thanks again Greg. Glad he likes You Can Count On Me!

Banky

Quote from: ebeaman
one complaint - he likes LOTR !

?

Ernie

Every single time I badmouth LOTR either on this board or in school, people say stuff like and including "I think you've made your opinion of LOTR clear, you can shut the fuck up now!" so I don't normally express my opinions on it...just to clarify for Banky - I'm not a big fan of LOTR. It bothers me that my favorite filmmaker likes it cause I love taking note of his recommendations and it reminds me that we don't always agree.

Jeremy Blackman

Let ebeaman speak. Some of us are not fans of LOTR.

But, ebeaman, he may like it for different reasons than you dislike it.

Alethia

i like lord of the rings, but dislike the matrix and fight club.  i havent really been yelled at yet.  kinda nice  :)

Pedro

i really dislike lord of the rings

especially the two towers, which i hate hate hate.

Great Q and A by the way...I want that new film.