Questions for PTA

Started by depooter, October 30, 2003, 06:04:07 PM

Mellow Fellow

Dear Awesome Paul,

I've heard you might be doing some type of global adventure film next, and are also interest in adapting a book.

With that in mind, have you read "You Shall Know Our Velocity!" by your literary equal Dave Eggers?

You two guys are the kings of everything magical and lovely in my opinion, and well, if you made a movie of Y.S.K.O.V it just might be the most fantastic thing to happen in the world, ever.

Yours Musically, Mellow Fellow
Some people say I was an embarassment to the nation. Well, I say, that depends on what your definition of "was" is, jerk.

Cecil

paul,
are you interested in collaborating with someone on a screenplay? if so, who?

Redlum

Dear Paul,

Andy Serkis has expressed a strong interest in working with you. What did you think of his work on the character Gollum in Lord of the Rings, and what are your feelings about the effect that computer generated special effects are having on cinema.

redlum
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

aurora

I asked this question last time and not got a reply so I'll try again:

Paul,

When looking closely at the Boogie Nights poster you see all the characters in the film (some characters numerous times) except 'The Colonel'. Did you leave him out on purpose or was it a mistake?

Cheers mate.

boombanglarrabee

I might be a real dolt for not knowing this, but what was the connection between Sidney and John's father (why did Sidney kill him)????

RegularKarate

Paul Thomas Anderson,

Do you fish?

MrBurgerKing

How do you feel about the recent fast food revolution involving their attempts to go 'healthy'? I'm especially ashamed by Burger King recently hopping on the salad bandwagon. I guess they want to attract the middle aged pricks who's kids always ask for the fast food. I used to say that Burger King has no delusions about where it stands. It knows it's going to hell and is proud of the fact. Now not even BK has that honorable distinction.

tpfkabi

is there any significance in having 18 wheelers in your movies?

(the PDL scriptbook had one pass during the final scene, as well as, in the actual movie several times........the beginning of Hard Eight.......well, that's all i can think of now)

how was PDL originally going to end?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

meatball

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: boombanglarrabeeI might be a real dolt for not knowing this, but what was the connection between Sidney and John's father (why did Sidney kill him)????

http://www.ptanderson.com/featurefilms/hardeight/deletedscenes/flashback1.htm

and then

http://www.ptanderson.com/featurefilms/hardeight/deletedscenes/flashback2.htm

it might help. As for Paul... I don't really can think of anything he would care to answer.
Si

Something Spanish

Sgt. Hartman: What's your name scumbag!?

PTA: Paul.

Sgt. Hartman: Paul? I don't like that name. Only faggots and communists are named Paul. I have one question, just one fucking question you maggot. Do you suck dicks!?

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Shaun DigiSgt. Hartman: What's your name scumbag!?

PTA: Paul.

Sgt. Hartman: Paul? I don't like that name. Only faggots and communists are named Paul. I have one question, just one fucking question you maggot. Do you suck dicks!?

Get the fuck out of my crib!

coffeebeetle

Dear Paul

What are the chances that you'll use any of ms. Apple's music on a future soundtrack?  And the next question (naturally) is: Could you give us a hint, however cryptic, as to what your next film is going to be about?  Thanks.

coffeebeetle
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

Ernie

Paul,

We definitely need some new dvd picks and some news on the next film if you could, just a little bit, just one or two little things. Also, what do you think of the young filmmakers, David Gordon Green (made All the Real Girls and George Washington) and Todd Solondz (Welcome to the Dollhouse, Happiness, Storytelling)? Are there any other fellow young filmmaker's you especially like? And just one more thing - what are some actors you plan/want to work with in the future outside of the regulars...in your next film or your films thereafter?

thanks much. you rock, your the best. thank you so much for coming to rochester ny and screening PDL.

boombanglarrabee

Quote from: depooterPlease post your most thought provoking, intelligent, relevant questions here..

Thanks
Greg

So far, he doesn't have much to go on.