What are you favorite Top 5 Movies of all time?

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, January 23, 2003, 05:03:10 PM

Banky

Theres a lot more but heres top 10 off the top of my head

Almost Famous
Vanilla Sky
Mallrats
Boogie Nights
Donnie Darko
Scream
Fight Club
Unbreakable
Requiem for a Dream
Jerry Maguire

Keep in mind this is thread about FAVORITE, not best

Find Your Magali

Quote from: Shaun DigiThe Big Chill

For some reason, this never makes my top-five, or even top-ten, list, but it's one of a very, very small handful of films that I will watch twice a year, without fail. Nostalgia and friendship are magical things.

Something Spanish

Let's see some honesty...who here has jerked off to that Britney avatar? Not to insinuate I have. No. Not at all. I ain't no filthy pervert.

Goddamn, I have so many favorites...gotta add a few more...

Suspiria
A Clockwork Orange
Manhattan
Apocalypse Now Redux
Days of Wine And Roses
Panic In Needle Park
Hard Eight
Reservoir Dogs/Pulp Fiction
Fight Club
The Young Poisener's Handbook
The Seventh Seal...A MILLION FUCKING OTHERS!!!!

Alethia

Quote from: Shaun Digi

Apocalypse Now Redux

better than the original?

AK

Quote from: SoNowThen
Quote from: PawbloeBy gunpoint.  It's common these days.

If necessary, that's how I plan to show people my love for Godard.

And thats the way my dad used to think too...guns ,mental  torture and punch sessions....but hey! IT worked...( i guess)

Something Spanish

In the case of Apocalypse Now, the more excessive it is the better it gets. The French plantation scene worked well, as did the additional footage of Capt. Kurtz in the compound. When I want to see the flick, between the original and the Redux, 99% of the time I'll opt for the latter.

Pubrick

Quote from: Shaun DigiIn the case of Apocalypse Now, the more excessive it is the better it gets. The French plantation scene worked well, as did the additional footage of Capt. Kurtz in the compound. When I want to see the flick, between the original and the Redux, 99% of the time I'll opt for the latter.
definitely. the french plantation scene made it feel like a much grander epic than i originally thought.

plus it gives him sumwhere 'peaceful' to return to after he leaves the compound.
under the paving stones.

SoNowThen

Quote from: AK
Quote from: SoNowThen
Quote from: PawbloeBy gunpoint.  It's common these days.

If necessary, that's how I plan to show people my love for Godard.

And thats the way my dad used to think too...guns ,mental  torture and punch sessions....but hey! IT worked...( i guess)

Your Dad is cool.

Quote from: Shaun DigiLet's see some honesty...who here has jerked off to that Britney avatar? Not to insinuate I have. No. Not at all. I ain't no filthy pervert.

I'm waiting 'til I buy the Rolling Stone that this is from. Then it's a free-for-all.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

R_Y_A_N

my favs for the moment -

CYCLO

ERASERHEAD

SALO

COME AND SEE

TWO-LANE BLACKTOP

AGUIRRE: WRATH OF GOD

L'HUMANITE

STALKER

THE PASSION OF JOAN OF ARC

VERTIGO

DR STRANGELOVE

GUMMO

WEEK END

IN A YEAR OF 13 MOONS

DIVINE INTERVENTION

Pubrick

well, i don't think i ever answered this so:

1. the
2. sh
3. in
4. in
5. g

and that's all that needs to be said about that for now..
under the paving stones.

snaporaz

Quote from: BankyTheres a lot more but heres top 10 off the top of my head

Almost Famous
Vanilla Sky
Mallrats
Boogie Nights
Donnie Darko
Scream
Fight Club
Unbreakable
Requiem for a Dream
Jerry Maguire

not to sound snobby, but that kinda sucks how that list is taken from, and only from, the past eight years or so.

Banky

Quote from: snaporaz
Quote from: BankyTheres a lot more but heres top 10 off the top of my head

Almost Famous
Vanilla Sky
Mallrats
Boogie Nights
Donnie Darko
Scream
Fight Club
Unbreakable
Requiem for a Dream
Jerry Maguire

not to sound snobby, but that kinda sucks how that list is taken from, and only from, the past eight years or so.

well you did asshole.  I said off the top of my head beacuse all these movies adorn posters on my wall.  Fuck you, you prick .  Judge yourself.

Weak2ndAct

Fave five:
1. Blue Velvet
2. Raging Bull
3. Vertigo
4. Boogie Nights
5. Contempt
Top two never change, bottom three vary.

snaporaz

Quote from: BankyI said off the top of my head beacuse all these movies adorn posters on my wall.

no you didn't.

however i do understand the difference of opinion between "favourite" and "best".

still...keep getting pissed about it if you want.

Banky

Quote from: snaporaz
Quote from: BankyI said off the top of my head beacuse all these movies adorn posters on my wall.

no you didn't.

however i do understand the difference of opinion between "favourite" and "best".

still...keep getting pissed about it if you want.

I really feel sorry for you.  First you criticize a list of "favourite" movies, which you had not right to do.  Then you call me a liar and give me flack for a spelling error.  You obviously are taking personal jabs at me for some reason, maybe your just trying to make entertaining post for people to read or you just wanted to pick a fight to get a rise out of me.  So whatever, if you want to be the victor in this scenario take the win.  I come on here to discuss movies in a casual enviroment and enjoy myself.  I wish people like you would stop scrutinizing others in such an unnecessary way.  It just brings down the whole site and turns it into something it should not be.