california

Started by xerxes, March 13, 2003, 06:58:52 PM

BonBon85

Washington state, but I'll probably just be there for the summer.

Pwaybloe

Quote from: neatahwantaI miss ... my Bohemium friends.... :cry:

You can have them back.  They've been crashing at my house for a while, but they gotta go.  Been stinking up the place.  I recommend you hose them off before you let them back in.  

By the way, they prefer to be called the politically correct "bums."

neatahwanta

No no..they all had jobs...and showered mosts days.....and grew herbs in a garden....

xerxes

the texas thread kicked our ass... what's up with that???

Duck Sauce

Quote from: xerxesthe texas thread kicked our ass... what's up with that???

Everything is bigger in texas.

fulty

Quote from: xerxesthe texas thread kicked our ass... what's up with that???
Okay, try this.
A couple of you have mentioned Santa Monica.  

My dear sister was born in Texas, and we moved to California when she was a baby.  She moved to Santa Monica as soon as she turned sixteen.
She was a cute California blond, playing volleyball on the beach and scuba diving in the ocean.  She worked hard, saving all year, so every year she could take a vacation to someplace special, like Tahiti.  And she loved the 4th of July.  

She got very sick and passed away last year.  Her dying wish was to be cremated, then have her ashes put in a sky-rocket and shot into the bay.  At first we were stunned.  But then realized that this was "just so like Suzie" that it just seemed right.  

Well, for me, I took it as a personal challenge and set about planning things like:  who would be the lookout for the cops while I snuck down to the beach in the middle of the night to light a fuse and run like crazy.  Fortunately, this was not necessary, since it can be done quite legally and professionally..!!  

A company we found does this regularly.  They put a little bit of the cremains in a bunch of rockets.  Then they get permits and a boat and go a safe distance offshore, and we get to watch from the Venice Pier.  We had all of her family and beach friends there, and even some hospital people that had gotten close to her.  

We played her favorite song during the fireworks.  This was like a celebration of her life, and really special.  The sky-rockets were HUGE..!!  Like the best ones you see, with brilliant colors and all kinds of different shapes.  

But as the show went on, with oohs and aahs, I new what was coming.  The one rocket that I had requested.......

Near the end of the show, it finally came.  The Giant Golden Weeping Willow.  When it exploded, the sky was completely filled with streamers that flowed ever so slowly and gently down into the bay.  

Good-bye Suzie, Big-bro misses you.
Tinapop  

I used to be smart.... now I'm just stupid.

©brad

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Duck Sauce

xerxes

that was a great story...  :(

ReelHotGames

I live in San Francisco and my day job is on Alactraz Island, though I just applied for a senior writer position on TechTV's Extended Play
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

Duck Sauce

Quote from: michael alessandroI live in San Francisco and my day job is on Alactraz Island, though I just applied for a senior writer position on TechTV's Extended Play

What do you do there? I couldnt stand to work their, its freezing cold and hanging out there all day would be like staying locked in the haunted mansion for a night by yourself. Got any good stories?

nevereven

umm...

I once saw a picture of California, does that help your thread?
Your face isnt a question....

Build a man a fire, and he`ll be warm for the rest of the day...Set a man on fire, and he`ll be warm for the rest of his life.