Started by MagnoliaFan25, August 17, 2005, 03:14:14 AM

MagnoliaFan25

Pubrick

u can't spell where u live.
under the paving stones.

MagnoliaFan25

Why so hostile? Are you intimidated by my 16:9 animorphic lens? ARE YOU!?

polkablues

Quote from: IamIan'sSmirkingRevengeWhy so hostile? Are you intimidated by my 16:9 animorphic lens? ARE YOU!?

I am.   :oops:

The stuff looks cool.  The lens makes things fisheye like crazy when you're zoomed all the way out, but if that's the look that you want, then it's perfect for it.  The "unlit" look works pretty well, but I'd suggest a bounce board or two, just to get a little bit of light on the front of things (especially on your actor in the second shot).
My house, my rules, my coffee

MagnoliaFan25

Thanks for the advice, and I also like the bendiness of it.  It was just a camera test, so I will pay more attention to the lighting when I shoot the real footage. I havent really fimled with it ( I got it two months ago) and wanted something to work with on final cut pro.

P.S. Whats a bounce board?

polkablues

Quote from: IamIan'sSmirkingRevengeP.S. Whats a bounce board?

Just any reflective board to bounce the light from its source onto your subject.  You can use a sheet of styrofoam, a piece of white posterboard, or whatever else you want (different materials will have different qualities to the light that reflects off of them).  The best use of a bounce board is to shine on the actor's face to provide a little bit of fill, especially when your primary light source is behind the actor.

killafilm

Yeah, everything looks a tiny bit underexposed.  But maybe that's just my moniter.

JG

MagnoliaFan25

polkablues

Nah, you don't want to increase the exposure (iris) any more unless you want those windows to blow out like mad.  If anything, overcompensate with the interior lighting and then lower your exposure until you get that nice dark mood.

MagnoliaFan25

cool, thanks for the tips. Heres another screen capture of the movie Im shooting... this isnt a camera test like the other images.

Pozer

Quote from: polkablues
The "unlit" look works pretty well, but I'd suggest a bounce board or two, just to get a little bit of light on the front of things (especially on your actor in the second shot).
Unless he's walking into an area where natural light seaps in like the 3rd shot.

sickfins

i just wanted to share a screen capture from my latest short about a guy getting sucked into a tornado, it's called 'oh fuck'

note my impressive anamorphic lens and the use of natural light
everybody love me please

bluejaytwist

Quote from: IamIan'sSmirkingRevengeWhy so hostile? Are you intimidated by my 16:9 animorphic lens? ARE YOU!?

this quote deserves anything it has coming to it
cigarettes & red vines - pt anderson definitive resource
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com

fortyfps productions
http://www.fortyfps.com