The Hours... DVD thread motha f*cka!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, June 24, 2003, 10:52:44 AM

Thecowgoooesmooo

Anyone else pick up this dvd this morning? Looks like it has some good special features.. I wasent expecting that much. Ill watch it right after PDL...

chris

MacGuffin

Quote from: ThecowgoooesmoooAnyone else pick up this dvd this morning?

Yes. Only $15.99 @ Target.  :yabbse-thumbup:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

filmcritic

I bought mine this morning at Borders on sale for $19.99. It's only around 6:30 and I have already watched all the special features and both of the commentaries. It is loaded with specials and it's a beautifully done DVD. I also really enjoyed the commentary by Nicole Kidman, Julianne Moore and Meryl Streep.
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

Ravi

cowboykurtis

ed harris is officially the shit -- on a side note, what ever happened to michel keaton -- he's equally bad ass.
...your excuses are your own...

MacGuffin

Quote from: cowboykurtison a side note, what ever happened to michel keaton -- he's equally bad ass.

Michael Keaton Joins First Daughter
Source: Hollywood Reporter  

Michael Keaton is headed for the Oval Office as he has signed on for a starring role as the president of the United States in the Regency Enterprises romantic comedy "First Daughter." Keaton will star as a president whose daughter (Katie Holmes) goes to college and falls into a fairy-tale romance with a dashing graduate student (Marc Blucas) only to find that her prince has a secret agenda. "First Daughter" is being directed by Forest Whitaker from a Jessica Bendinger script
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

i love michael keaton as well, but he needs to fire his agent, seriously.  last seen as Robert Wiener.  thats right, Robert Wiener in the made for TV movie, Live From Baghdad.  and before that Jack Frost.   :(
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: cowboykurtised harris is officially the shit -- on a side note, what ever happened to michel keaton -- he's equally bad ass.

Id say Keaton is even more bad ass, why did he disapear? Was that snowman movie that bad??

As for the Hours DVD, Im fine with a VHS copy, Ill be sleeping through it anyway

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: cowboykurtison a side note, what ever happened to michel keaton -- he's equally bad ass.

Michael Keaton Joins First Daughter
Source: Hollywood Reporter  

Michael Keaton is headed for the Oval Office as he has signed on for a starring role as the president of the United States in the Regency Enterprises romantic comedy "First Daughter." Keaton will star as a president whose daughter (Katie Holmes) goes to college and falls into a fairy-tale romance with a dashing graduate student (Marc Blucas) only to find that her prince has a secret agenda. "First Daughter" is being directed by Forest Whitaker from a Jessica Bendinger script

Directed by Forest Whitaker...is this his directorial debut?  I really liked him in Ghost Dog and The Crying Game.

Again, hats off to MacGuffin...you never cease to amaze me.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

MacGuffin

Quote from: punchdrunk23Directed by Forest Whitaker...is this his directorial debut?

No, he directed "Waiting To Exhale" and the Sandra Bullock movie "Hope Floats".

Skeleton FilmWorks

chainsmoking insomniac

Are you serious?  Hope Floats??

Hmm.  Maybe I should see those two...
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"

modage

they were running Hope Floats on the family channel the other nite, but as my girlfriend informed me, without the crying scene and the making out/waking up together scene.  my girlfriend seems to like it, but me personally i wouldnt wish "Hope Floats" upon my enemies.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

chainsmoking insomniac

Well, I'm more than slightly curious to see what Whitaker's style is like.
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

Duck Sauce

Quote from: punchdrunk23Well, I'm more than slightly curious to see what Whitaker's style is like.

I thought you were budgie with the avatar

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: RaviHow tricked out is it?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  funny :lol:  :lol:  :lol: