Magnolia Score

Started by mr. roboto, July 09, 2003, 12:23:31 PM

mr. roboto

Just saw the new Mandy Moore "How To Deal" tralor in front of "Chucks Angels 2" and to my surprise it featured from the Magnolia score the song entitled "So Now THen". This uplifting piece was used near the end of "Magnolia". I kind of hope it is not on the sdtrk for this new movie and kind of wonder why and how they got to use it. Hmmm.

MacGuffin

Quote from: mr. robotoI kind of hope it is not on the sdtrk for this new movie and kind of wonder why and how they got to use it. Hmmm.

New Line is releasing that film as they did "Magnolia", thus, they have the rights to use whatever music they want from their library of films. I highly doubt it will be used in the finished film. It's only used as a temp score for the trailer.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

jokerspath

Quote from: mr. robotoJust saw the new Mandy Moore "How To Deal" tralor in front of "Chucks Angels 2" and to my surprise it featured from the Magnolia score the song entitled "So Now THen". This uplifting piece was used near the end of "Magnolia". I kind of hope it is not on the sdtrk for this new movie and kind of wonder why and how they got to use it. Hmmm.

Plus PTA directed both movies, so you gotta figure he's got some kind of leverage with his old scores...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

filmcritic

What a rip! I saw the trailer in theatres too and I remember hearing it. What a terrible thing to put a great piece of music to a great film and put it in a Mandy Moore movie! They should have more respect! :evil:
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

Alethia

jokerspath

Quote from: ewardmandy moore is hot

She is a beauty.  She looked great in the last Vanity Fair spread...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

bonanzataz

Quote from: jokerspath
Quote from: ewardmandy moore is hot

She is a beauty.  She looked great in the last Vanity Fair spread...

aw

haha. you said spread.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Sleuth

And what a silly title for a movie that isn't about drugs
I like to hug dogs

jokerspath

Quote from: tremoloslothAnd what a silly title for a movie that isn't about drugs

"That is flagrant false advertising"

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: filmcriticWhat a rip! I saw the trailer in theatres too and I remember hearing it. What a terrible thing to put a great piece of music to a great film and put it in a Mandy Moore movie! They should have more respect! :evil:

Seriously.  Taking a beautiful score like that and defiling it....damn them to hell!!!

I wonder what PTA would say about this....
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Victor

Did Adam Shankman direct this one? Cause I know he directed A Walk To Remember and he did the choreography for the dance number in Boogie Nights, so maybe it was a personal favor from pta/jon brion?
are you gonna eat with us too?