Songs Currently Stuck In Head

Started by Lucinda Bryte, October 22, 2003, 03:45:29 PM

polkablues

Quote from: MacGuffin on January 03, 2006, 02:45:44 PM
M-O-M-O-R-M-O-R-N-I-N-G-W-O-O-D...Alright.

M-O-M-O-R-M-O-R-N-I-N-G-W-O-O-D...A little louder.

M-O-M-O-R-M-O-R-N-I-N-G-W-O-O-D...A little harder.

M-O-M-O-R-M-O-R-N-I-N-G-W-O-O-D...Let's Go!

I hate that song and love it at the same time. Or I just love it, but hate myself for loving it.
My house, my rules, my coffee

penfold0101

Corinne Bailey Rae - Put Your Records On
"There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning. And that, I think, was the handle - that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. There was no point in fighting - on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave.
So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high - water mark - that place where the wave finally broke and rolled back." - Hunter S. Thompson.

Sunrise

no one knows what it's like, to be the bad man
to be the sad man
behind blue eyes

last song i heard this morning and you know the rest. what a great song to have on personal repeat, though.

pete

last night I downloaded about seven or eight versions of "perfidia" 'cause I was trying to find a version by 3 mustaphas 3.  It's such a fun song and you can go as over-the-top romantic as you want with it and it'll still sound real pretty.  I also realized that the tune "Memories" from Cats had to owe a lot to this song, consciously or subconsiously.
I'm looking for like an opera maestro to sing perfidia, I think that'll be awesome.  so far, 3 mustaphas 3 is the closest I can find, and I can't even find it.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

grand theft sparrow

I'm at work and sick right now.  My co-worker saw that I'm eating chicken soup for lunch and he asked, "What are you sick or something?"  I said, "Yeah.  I blame it on last weekend when the temperature was almost up to 70 and now it's back down to the 30s."  He said, "I blame it on the rain" and then he left. 

Ever since then, that bastard song has been stuck in my head.

strawberry wine.

thanks a lot, polka  :yabbse-angry: :yabbse-angry: :yabbse-angry:
context, context, context.

Tictacbk

Shut The Fuck Up by Cake...

Not a great song to have on personal repeat.

squints

Quote from: Tictacbk on April 17, 2006, 11:35:15 AM
Shut The Fuck Up by Cake...

The song is actually called "Nugget". But still, the lyric "Shut the fuck up" is repeated in the chorus, a great song to vent to.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Nine Inch Nails - The Big Come Down

Just the chorus on loop forever.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

polkablues

Quote from: cronopio on April 17, 2006, 08:45:54 AM
strawberry wine.

thanks a lot, polka  :yabbse-angry: :yabbse-angry: :yabbse-angry:

And at eight minutes, you're gonna have it stuck there for a while...
My house, my rules, my coffee

ono

squints

"Ambulance" TV on the Radio

"I will be your accident,
if you will be my ambulance."
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

rung gunga gung-gung
rung gunga gung-gung
rung gunga gung-gung gow

stabbing you with my bowie while i'm naked
painted from head to tow and so aroused
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

hedwig

so what becomes of you my looove
when they have finally stripped you o-o-of
the handbags
and the gladrags
that your grandad had to sweat so you could buyyyyyyy

Sunrise

Pearl Jam's "Off He Goes"...listened to it on the way to work this morning.

Favorite lyric: nothing's changed but the surrounding bullshit...that...has...grown. Great.