X2

Started by underdog, May 06, 2003, 02:47:47 AM

Raikus

Quote from: PawbloeSPOILER!!!!!!!!!
...did anyone else crack up when Cyclops was talking to Jean Grey via Professor X for the last time?  That kind of ruined the dramatic "ending."

The first time I watched it it really didn't bother me, but on last night's viewing... my bad was that some bad acting. I think it's Marsden's lip quiver that really makes it bad. He looks like Elvis when trying to deliver his "sensitive" lines.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Sleuth

Well his character probably can't cry tears (on account of giant fucking laser beams), so what else is he going to do
I like to hug dogs

Xixax

Saw this one tonight. I hadn't actually planned on seeing it because there are a lot of other things out now that I want to check out, but a friend dragged me along and I'm glad he did.

One of the few times the sequel was even better than the original.

Let's hope Matrix II is the same and can one-up the original.

I kept thinking how much Iceman looked like the kid in "Welcome to the Dollhouse". I kept expecting him to look at Anna Paquin and say "After school today at 3:00, I'm going to rape you".

And the TV watching kid who never slept. I would have sworn that he was in Happiness. I can see him sitting there flicking channels with his eyes, and then nonchalantly telling Logan, "I came."

I guess I was in a total Solondz state of mind tonight.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

bonanzataz

xixax is sicksax.

yeah, this movie did rock, but i think i liked the first better. i'll have to watch that one again to make sure. about jean grey, does anybody know anything about phoenix?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Sleuth

Yes, but I'll leave it to somebody else because I'm about to leave
I like to hug dogs

Recce

Well, since you asked about the phoenix, here's everything I can remember. In the original comics, it was something along the lines of this: The X-Men were on their way back from a mission in space. Their shuttle had been damaged and they were attempting to make a crash landing. Jean Grey, in order to save the rest of the team, sealed them all in a chamber of some kind that could survive the heat from re-entry, and went off to pilot the shuttle, She was expected to die, so she had to seal the x-men in against their objections, so they kinda kept that aspect of it in X2. At the moment before death, the Phoenix force, a cosmic being charged to protect the M'Krann(not sure about the spelling) chrystal, approached her and made her an offer: she'd save the life of the x-men and, in return, the phoenix would inhabit her body in order to save the M'Krann chrystal from a bad guy. Jean agreed. So, when the shuttle landed, the x-men thought Jean had died. Later on, she came back wielding an impressive array of powers previously unavailable to Jean. I think she called herself Madelyn Prior. The X-men assumed Jean had been resurrected as the phoenix. Madellyn Prior and Scott Summers got married and had a kid. Later on, Madelyn Prior was corrupted by master mind, a mutant with the ability to cast illusions on his victims(i think that was jason in the movie). The phoenix turned evil and became the dark phoenix. So, now, evil and with cosmic powers, she destroyed a star system, killing billions. Finally, an interstellar empire(the Shi'ar empire) stepped in and killed the phoenix. So, now everyone was sad cause they taught Jean was dead again. But, a little while later, Jean Grey(not madelyn prior) came back. Apparently, the phoeninx had simply copied Jean, body and soul, and stored the real jean in stasis or something. So, now, everyones happy.

Now, in the movie, they kind of made it so that the Phoenix was sort of a development of Jean's powers. In the more recent X-Men comics, they started this thing about secondary mutations, wherein mutants develop new powers and stuff(probly just so stuff doesn't get too old). I kinda think the way they did it in the movie was sort of hinting at that and saying that Jean had developped a secondary mutation, but I'm probly jsut reading too much into it.
I think that's everything.
***semi-spoiler***
P.S. Yeah, the whole Jean talking through Prof. X kinda threw me off. There were several parts that I kinda saw as having a homosexual undertone, too(just my imagination, but it kinda throws you out of the story). Like the part were mystique is coming onto Wolverine and asking him what he wants and changing into all the women in the X-men in a sexually provocative manner, then she turns into Stryker. That kinda threw me off. I was thinking: "What? Wolverines a repressed homosexual".
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

sphinx

the best part of the entire movie is when magneto taps his helmet, and additionally the sound that it makes.

bonanzataz

my favorite part is when magneto and mystique make fun of rogue's hair. magneto is such a bitch!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

underdog

Quote from: bonanzatazxixax is sicksax.

yeah, this movie did rock, but i think i liked the first better. i'll have to watch that one again to make sure. about jean grey, does anybody know anything about phoenix?

HELL YA... PHOENIX IS THAT HUGE RED BIRD THAT ON FIRE.. she also insane..well when she turn in phoenix
peace
"This is my week off, so pack up,
take the kids, and I'll see you in a week"

underdog

Quote from: bonanzatazmy favorite part is when magneto and mystique make fun of rogue's hair. magneto is such a bitch!
my fav part is the first 10 min with nightcrawler

©brad

Quote from: bonanzatazmy favorite part is when magneto and mystique make fun of rogue's hair. magneto is such a bitch!

yes.

Raikus

Quote from: RecceNow, in the movie, they kind of made it so that the Phoenix was sort of a development of Jean's powers. In the more recent X-Men comics, they started this thing about secondary mutations, wherein mutants develop new powers and stuff(probly just so stuff doesn't get too old). I kinda think the way they did it in the movie was sort of hinting at that and saying that Jean had developped a secondary mutation, but I'm probly jsut reading too much into it.

Do we really need to state spoilers anymore? If so, SPOILERS:

I got the feeling that's exactly what they were trying to say--that Jean's manifestation of the Phoenix powers were simply her mutant powers mutating again. That's why the final VO promoted the "every few hundred of millenia evolution takes a giant leap forward" thing. Coupling that with Xavier's talk of Jean's "reservations" throughout her life and all, I think they're going to build up her powers not as a cosmic entity (therefore forgoing all the My'kran Crystal/Shi'ar Empire/Madelyn Prior stuff) but as a natural progression and skipping right to the 'Dark Phoenix' part of it.

I'll be interested on how they're working that in without the influence of Mastermind (or Jason in X2--as he would have died in the flood). I hope it's not a lame amnesia angle and the Brotherhood picks her up.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

bonanzataz

OK, so if those claws go all the way back into wolverine's arm, how does he bend his wrist?

underdog

Quote from: bonanzatazOK, so if those claws go all the way back into wolverine's arm, how does he bend his wrist?
they don't. the claws come out of this hand not his wrist

peace

Pedro

Quote from: underdog
Quote from: bonanzatazOK, so if those claws go all the way back into wolverine's arm, how does he bend his wrist?
they don't. the claws come out of this hand not his wrist

peace
right.  but they seem much longer than his hand can contain.