Jim Jarmusch

Started by Tommy Both, February 06, 2003, 05:22:56 PM

writedownhere

you got me there.

all i meant was. it's been pretty boring. all this stanley kubrick talk. take it somehwere else. this is jim time. and boy does he want his time.

yep.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: writedownherejust go see down by law. roberto benigni is amazing. as always.

and. tom waits! gosh.

i don't feel like replying to your threads. or whatever. i'm just going to spout out my love for jim.
besides, most of you guys don't know what you're talking about. i put my stock in jim...or vincent or gus or lots of other people before stanley.

next time you tell me that I dont know what im talking about, im going to personally beat your wife. if you think jarmusch is more talented than kubrick, you're a fucking idiot -- there, i've made my peace.
...your excuses are your own...

writedownhere

first of all. i don't have a wife. haha. nice try though.

and second. it's my humble opinion that most of the people on here don't have any  idea what they're talkng about. and also...i never said one had more taletn than the other. i just like jim better. personal prefernece.

cowboy...i have much respect for you. in the wes anderson thread, i replied to something you said in a very nice way. so, don't get your little undies in a wad buddy.

hoooah.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: cowboykurtis
next time you tell me that I dont know what im talking about, im going to personally beat your wife. if you think jarmusch is more talented than kubrick, you're a fucking idiot -- there, i've made my peace.

Dont say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joeybdot

NIGH ON EARTH (the Benigni story is fucking hilarious and New York is very good esp. with Rosie Perez, Russia one is fucking depressing though)

DEAD MAN is Excellent

STRANGER IN PARADISE is probably his finest

Midnight Train

cowboykurtis

Quote from: writedownherefirst of all. i don't have a wife. haha. nice try though.

and second. it's my humble opinion that most of the people on here don't have any  idea what they're talkng about. and also...i never said one had more taletn than the other. i just like jim better. personal prefernece.

cowboy...i have much respect for you. in the wes anderson thread, i replied to something you said in a very nice way. so, don't get your little undies in a wad buddy.

hoooah.

im sorry. i love you. my panties are now wadless
...your excuses are your own...

MrBurgerKing

I bought Dead Man blind because I loved Down by Law, and Johnny Depp is one helluvan actor.

Down by Law really takes its time to get going, but it's so interesting. It's like waiting in a long line to order a Whopper, and when you finally get the Whopper, it's the best one you've had in a long time. Almost as if the 14 year old pimple-faced cook realizes how excited you've been all morning waiting for that Whopper. Almost as if he has taken special care in organizing that burger. That 14 year old who gets 5 dollars an hour needs a raise for constructing that burger so well.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: MrBurgerKingI bought Dead Man blind because I loved Down by Law, and Johnny Depp is one helluvan actor.

Down by Law really takes its time to get going, but it's so interesting. It's like waiting in a long line to order a Whopper, and when you finally get the Whopper, it's the best one you've had in a long time. Almost as if the 14 year old pimple-faced cook realizes how excited you've been all morning waiting for that Whopper. Almost as if he has taken special care in organizing that burger. That 14 year old who gets 5 dollars an hour needs a raise for constructing that burger so well.

:yabbse-thumbup:

meatwad

bought the criterion down by law. Amazing. Saw Stranger Then Paradise recently on IFC and it was also damn good. Saw Dead Man once and was pretty impressed.

Mystery Train i could not get into. I think it needs another view. Have never seen Night on Earth. Is it available on DVD?

//www.thestate22.com

Sleuth

This is from Pitchfork

Lastly, in White Stripes movie news, Jack and Meg are slated to appear in a new Jim Jarmusch-directed film along with Iggy Pop, Tom Waits, Steve Coogan, Steve Buscemi, and Alfred Molina. The two will play themselves in a collection of self-contained scenes entitled "Coffee and Cigarettes." This will be Jack's second appearance in a film, after his role in Anthony Minghella's Cold Mountain which is due out later this year.
I like to hug dogs

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: tremoloslothThis is from Pitchfork

Lastly, in White Stripes movie news, Jack and Meg are slated to appear in a new Jim Jarmusch-directed film along with Iggy Pop, Tom Waits, Steve Coogan, Steve Buscemi, and Alfred Molina. The two will play themselves in a collection of self-contained scenes entitled "Coffee and Cigarettes." This will be Jack's second appearance in a film, after his role in Anthony Minghella's Cold Mountain which is due out later this year.

Cool.  Coffee and Cigarettes, huh? Interesting...sounds similar to someone else's film, doesn't it?  I wonder if PTA's short had never been made, would Jim Jarmusch have called it Cigarettes and Coffee???

Fuck, I'm so tired....
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

MacGuffin

Quote from: Ghoulardi GoonI wonder if PTA's short had never been made, would Jim Jarmusch have called it Cigarettes and Coffee???

Yes.

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0090861

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0090862

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0106584
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

chainsmoking insomniac

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Spike

I'm searching for the DVD of "Night on Earth", the plot seems to be quiet interesting.
I haven't seen "Down by Law".
"Ghost Dog" and "Dead Man" are very good films but my favourite by the films I saw that were directed by Jarmusch is "Stranger than Paradise".
The film is very slow, without any action and seems to be very boring, but it isn't.
It's on of those films were nothing happens, but you like to watch it, and it's some kind of exciting to watch it.
"Stranger than Paradise" draws in my eyes a very poor image of America.
I liked it pretty much.
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

Ghostboy

(From FilmStew.com )
Wouter Barendrecht's Fortissimo Film Sales is heating up the Coffee. Fortissimo has picked up the worldwide rights to Coffee and Cigarettes, the latest effort from helmer Jim Jarmusch. The film will be screening out of competition at the Venice International Film Festival and is also now slated to screen at the Toronto Film Festival.

The project began back in 1986 and features Jarmusch's friends and colleagues discussing various world issues over coffee and cigarettes. Among the topics discussed in the black and white film are the Elvis conspiracy and Paris in the 1920s. Roberto Benigni, Steve Buscemi, Cate Blanchett and Iggy Pop are some of the stars that appear in the film.