Licorice Pizza - Speculation & General Reactions

Started by Fuzzy Dunlop, August 30, 2017, 12:58:10 PM

jenkins

kingfan011

Any one know if they are shooting today? I know someone earlier mentioned their shooting schedule during the week but I can't remember?

PinkTeeth

I had a dream someone saw Chappelle on set.
*tokes joint* yeah.
New Name, Same Typos.

pynchonikon

Footage from Sunday's filming.

Looking forward to some photos of Benny on character.

kingfan011

I wonder if they'll actually announce the rest of the cast or just let them be seen on set.

pynchonikon

Quote from: kingfan011 on September 14, 2020, 11:14:47 AM
I wonder if they'll actually announce the rest of the cast or just let them be seen on set.

I'm assuming the latter, I mean Bradley and Alana were actually confirmed from set pics, and Safdie was confirmed from a poster (lol). I think they weren't willing to announce Cooper yet, too, but they were pushed in a way to do so once the rumour started to spread in the media. For their reasons they have decided to work very discreetly for the time being, I respect that even if as a fan I don't really like such secrecy.

Lewton

Quote from: pynchonikon on September 14, 2020, 11:29:55 AM
For their reasons they have decided to work very discreetly for the time being, I respect that even if as a fan I don't really like such secrecy.

Personally, I prefer the secrecy. I probably wouldn't mind if there was even less awareness of the production. That might have been better...that is, just letting the film reveal itself to the world in the way it was intended to be revealed, but I guess that's difficult nowadays. This is just my take/preference. Anyway, PTA talked a little about this topic during the Bill Simmons interview (this part is from about 30 minutes into the interview):

QuoteIt's another advantage of not trying to be secretive but just trying to quietly go about your own work. When you finish a film, you want the entire world to know that it exists. That's what I would hope for our new film, that literally everybody knows it. But I think there's something when you start it...for me, personally, the process of finishing writing it, and going out into the world and having to make it, is something that's very sacred and that you want to try to keep as close to you for as long as you can. It just keeps it intimate somehow.

barrydiggler

Seeing DDL rumored to play Gould (I know it's not gonna happen, but play with me, here) and Gould's connection to Altman (casting a strong director-type, right)—is interesting, as is Altman's connection to Peters and Streisand.

jenkins

it's not a rumor it's just nonsense, to be clear

barrydiggler

Quote from: jenkins on September 14, 2020, 07:34:28 PM
it's not a rumor it's just nonsense, to be clear

I know, I know—just small connection making.

jenkins

totally. Josh Safdie playing George Segal really helps hold it together

jviness02

61 year old DDL playing 35 year old Elliot Gould.

pynchonikon

Quote from: Lewton on September 14, 2020, 06:56:31 PM
Quote from: pynchonikon on September 14, 2020, 11:29:55 AM
For their reasons they have decided to work very discreetly for the time being, I respect that even if as a fan I don't really like such secrecy.

Personally, I prefer the secrecy. I probably wouldn't mind if there was even less awareness of the production. That might have been better...that is, just letting the film reveal itself to the world in the way it was intended to be revealed, but I guess that's difficult nowadays. This is just my take/preference. Anyway, PTA talked a little about this topic during the Bill Simmons interview (this part is from about 30 minutes into the interview):

QuoteIt's another advantage of not trying to be secretive but just trying to quietly go about your own work. When you finish a film, you want the entire world to know that it exists. That's what I would hope for our new film, that literally everybody knows it. But I think there's something when you start it...for me, personally, the process of finishing writing it, and going out into the world and having to make it, is something that's very sacred and that you want to try to keep as close to you for as long as you can. It just keeps it intimate somehow.

I didn't remember that podcast, thanks. That makes sense.

Meanwhile, some more set photos

I really like the look of the buildings, the interior of Wachs' headquarters and the details on his campaign poster haha.

SaunchSmilax

I wanna know what's in the pink bag Paul carries home from set each day.  :yabbse-grin:
"All I ever wanted was a cool '78 'Vette and a house in the country."

Alma

That's interesting that you can see the sign opposing land development in the campaign office as I was reading that that's why Wachs got elected to city council in the first place. There's quite an interesting article about it and the dodgy campaigns here:

https://jewishjournal.com/news/california/129389/

Wonder if the land development will feature in the plot at all, à la Chinatown.