voting for the Xixax Dekapenticon

Started by Jeremy Blackman, November 03, 2003, 05:05:36 PM

SHAFTR

I don't really care to see what everyone voted for, but I'd like to see what films received votes.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

abuck1220

i'd like to see either a complete list of the films voted for and the number of votes they received or just have everyone post their lists.

RegularKarate

Quote from: Bankycomon  boys , count those ballots, i want to see some results

It will have to be this evening at the earliest.

Besides, this is just round one, remember, after this, we all vote from the list we provide.

And I don't think it's a good idea to provide the number of votes, just the top 50 movies.  From that list, we'll start to get to the real list.

Find Your Magali

I agree. Just an alphabetical list of the top 50 vote-getters should be provided. We don't want vote totals to influence (or infuriate) anyone at this point.

P.S. -- Yes, I'm still alive.

SHAFTR

Quote from: RegularKarate

And I don't think it's a good idea to provide the number of votes, just the top 50 movies.  From that list, we'll start to get to the real list.

Agreed

I would still like to see the full list of films voted for.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

SoNowThen

Quote from: Find Your MagaliI agree. Just an alphabetical list of the top 50 vote-getters should be provided. We don't want vote totals to influence (or infuriate) anyone at this point.

P.S. -- Yes, I'm still alive.

Agreed.

and glad to see you around!!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

abuck1220

Quote from: SHAFTR
Quote from: RegularKarate

Agreed

I would still like to see the full list of films voted for.

me too. i thought the plan was for everyone to post their lists. is that now not allowed?

SoNowThen

I think it kinda defeats the whole purpose.

Maybe after the thing is completely over, the 15 picked and all, then we could see who went for what... and PM each other with death threats... :-D
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

modage

yeah after the whole thing is over.  i agree there should be no notice of what received more votes to influence anyone in the first round here.  so it might be up as soon as tonite?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: themodernage02so it might be up as soon as tonite?

Possibly, but only if there's a miraculous amount of coordination. We have a significant amount of the counting done and a pretty good idea of what the final 50 nominations list is going to look like. Patience.

godardian

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman
Quote from: themodernage02so it might be up as soon as tonite?

Possibly, but only if there's a miraculous amount of coordination. We have a significant amount of the counting done and a pretty good idea of what the final 50 nominations list is going to look like. Patience.

I have to confess my extreme curiosity as to what this list is going to look like... I will try to be patient but, as Homer Simpson said after being informed that a meal will take 30 seconds to warm in the microwave: "Thirty seconds?!?! But I want it now!"
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Gold Trumpet

I have the strangest feeling I may like only 3 to 5 of the 50 films nominated. I kinda find that funny.

SoNowThen

that would be keeping with your current ratio of liking 1 out of every 2000 films you see....  :wink:

kotte

abuck1220

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetI have the strangest feeling I may like only 3 to 5 of the 50 films nominated. I kinda find that funny.

could you even think up 30 vote-worthy films for your list?