a visual defense of josie and the pussycats

Started by Jeremy Blackman, April 27, 2004, 10:36:34 PM

Stefen

Are you trying to defend this movie on its visual merits? if so there is no need. Libatique dp'ing is aces. It looks pretty. But I don't think it's as bad as everyone says, so if im there on your side if you're defending it. The product placement shit was semi-funny. It is what it is. Rosario Dawson is so ugly though. I can only look at her for so long.

If you weren't defending it, I look like an ass.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: StefenAre you trying to defend this movie on its visual merits?
Yes.

But I also think it's generally underappreciated. I don't think the cinematography exists in a void. It made the movie. Maybe I was just in a really good mood when I first saw it, but the atmosphere is incredible.

There are flaws. It should have been directed by some one else.

MacGuffin

I guess watching with the sound off would make it a better film, otherwise Du Jour was the best part of that film. I really believed Tara Reid was just playing herself.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanBut I also think it's generally underappreciated. I don't think the cinematography exists in a void. It made the movie. Maybe I was just in a really good mood when I first saw it, but the atmosphere is incredible.
agreed.
under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

Quote from: StefenRosario Dawson is so ugly though. I can only look at her for so long.

WHAT????!!!!!

:evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Stefen

Quote from: Ghostboy
Quote from: StefenRosario Dawson is so ugly though. I can only look at her for so long.

WHAT????!!!!!

What makes you think she isnt?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Alethia

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

bonanzataz

Quote from: ewardparker posey is hot

i saw parker posey on the street one time. i screamed at her, "air raid you freshmen bitches!" she walked over to me, slapped me in the face and said, "do you know how many times a week i hear that, you ignorant shit?! i should cut off your dick and shove it up your ass so you can go fuck yourself!"

parker posey is awesome.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

bonanzataz

The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

ono

Quote from: Ghostboy

WHAT????!!!!!

What Ghostboy said!  Have you not seen 25th Hour or something?

And that is some great cinematography.  Almost makes me want to go out and see the movie.  Almost.

Stefen

It's not my fault you guys have horrible taste in women. She has big teeth and ugly lips, also she has a fivehead.

Pubrick

Quote from: StefenIt's not my fault you guys have horrible taste in women. She has big teeth and ugly lips, also she has a fivehead.
hahahaha..... can't argue with that. ur right, she isn't that great, it's just that white guys fall in love easily with any dark meat that rears its booty. eg. halle berry.
under the paving stones.