Can't Find Sydney!

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, July 08, 2003, 11:09:29 PM

Alethia

i dont know, i just prefer that title and am used to calling it that now.  no biggie.

filmcritic

Many, many of you are going to disagree with me on this. But I actually like the title "Hard Eight" better than "Sydney". I'm glad the movie was called "Hard Eight" because "Sydney" sounds like some warm romantic comedy or something. I can understand why Anderson would call it that, but I'm glad it's really called "Hard Eight".
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

dufresne

Quote from: filmcriticMany, many of you are going to disagree with me on this. But I actually like the title "Hard Eight" better than "Sydney". I'm glad the movie was called "Hard Eight" because "Sydney" sounds like some warm romantic comedy or something. I can understand why Anderson would call it that, but I'm glad it's really called "Hard Eight".

i half agree.  i thought that was such a great title when i first saw the movie on Sundance.  when i heard the story about Sydney though, i just felt bad for PTA.  i refer to it as 'Sydney' out of respect to the original title, but i like the title Hard Eight better.
There are shadows in life, baby.

filmcritic

Geez, I'm glad at least one person agrees with me! :-D
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

Pubrick

some of u are gonna kill urselves when PTA dies.
under the paving stones.